DCFD Takes Delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCFD Takes Delivery

Seagrave Fire Apparatus, LLC. is currently delivering 11-custom pumpers and 2-tractor drawn aerials to the District of columbia FD. The addition of vehicles will increase the total number of seagrave's to " 60 " units!...
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 05-15-2007, 07:09 PM.

Good-Lookin

Those things are pretty short--got any specs?

Comment

We dont hear too much from the DC or Baltimore people about their Seagrave experiences. Anyone from either department care to comment?
      I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Comment

Originally posted by skipatrol8
        Those things are pretty short--got any specs?
        No information on wheel bases, but the new 2006 Seagrave pumpers equipped with a 4 door flat roof cab, Detroit series 60 diesel engine, Allison EVS 3000 automatic trans , Waterous two stage 1250 gpm cm pump ,500 gallon UPF poly IIE water tank , David Clark headsets & intercom system , front & rear suction , Extenda-gun deluge , Federal Q2 siren !

Comment

Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII
          No information on wheel bases, but the new 2006 Seagrave pumpers equipped with a 4 door flat roof cab, Detroit series 60 diesel engine, Allison EVS 3000 automatic trans , Waterous two stage 1250 gpm cm pump ,500 gallon UPF poly IIE water tank , David Clark headsets & intercom system , front & rear suction , Extenda-gun deluge , Federal Q2 siren !

Are you sure it's not an Allison 4000 series - I didn't think you could mate up a DD big block with an Allision 3000 series?

Comment

I think that 400-425 HP maybe the most on a Allison 3000 series tranny?

Comment

3000 series to 4000 series is generally determined by input torque to the tranny,not necessarily by HP.In most cases a 60 will be mated to the 4000 not the 3000. I'd be willing to bet these are 430/4000's. T.C.

Comment

According to their spec, they have the Series 60, 12.7L motors rated at 375hp with the 4000EVS transmission. The wheelbase is 163" with an overall length of 337.63" (28' 2") according to the drawing.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionffE2
                  According to their spec, they have the Series 60, 12.7L motors rated at 375hp with the 4000EVS transmission. The wheelbase is 163" with an overall length of 337.63" (28' 2") according to the drawing.
                  Thanks, for looking up the " SPECS " NJFFII !

Comment

The Seagrave pieces are good, as are the Pierces, as were the E-ones. They were spec'ed well.

Seems the biggest recurring problem with the seagraves is in the window crank mechanism, they seem to detatch from the glass alot.

Seagraves seem to have the roomiest cab in the front, the E-ones seemed roomiest in the rear.

The pierces sat higher than the other two - though this was due to the angle of approach / departure specs.

The E-one's had the highest crosslays and hosebeds, mostly due to the larger size of Aluminum members vs. galv steel.

The E-one's seemed to have the chintziest cab doors, they sound like a screen door slamming, and would usually have a draft. They did have the best handles and most room. Working in the back of them was a pleasure, they had a small door pocket for cellphone, keys, etc. that you didn't want in your pockets, as well as a nice big grab handle on the door, vs. a convoluted plastic one on the Seagrave. (I never worked on a Pierce).

They all take a beating. Average engines in DC make more than 3500 responses a year, with several over 6000.

Comment

You can not beat the Seagrave Marauder II stainless steel cab with the built in saftey cage , it is the strongest chassis cab in the fire service .

Comment

Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
                        You can not beat the Seagrave Marauder II stainless steel cab with the built in saftey cage , it is the strongest chassis cab in the fire service .
                        That's an awful bold statement. Have they done the same amount of extensive testing that Pierce, Spartan, Ferrara, etc. have?

I have nothing against Seagrave...
                        "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

Originally posted by npfd801 View Post
                          That's an awful bold statement. Have they done the same amount of extensive testing that Pierce, Spartan, Ferrara, etc. have?

I sould have said that they build one of the strongest cabs in the fire service, STEEL vs Aluminum !...

Comment

Originally posted by npfd801 View Post

When we had Seagrave out earlier this year along with all the other vendors, they were the only major manufacturer who did not crash test their apparatus cabs. Which to me is strange because they appear to be really stout cabs.

Why wouldn't you have them tested?
                            What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about?

Apparatus Operator
                            Salem Fire Department
                            IAFF Local 314

Comment

Originally posted by grains View Post
                              When we had Seagrave out earlier this year along with all the other vendors, they were the only major manufacturer who did not crash test their apparatus cabs. Which to me is strange because they appear to be really stout cabs.

Why wouldn't you have them tested?
                              I don't know maybe a Seagrave sales rep can jump in and give us some info on the crash testing! I do know that the steel cabs saved a few firefighters lives on 9/11 at the world trade center !....
                              Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 12-17-2006, 10:37 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X