Squrt For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squrt For Sale

Currently we have a squrt for sale. It is for sale because we dont get harldy any use out of it. It was dontated to our FD and we have used it about 30 times in the last 10 years, 20 of which were probably parade. If you want any information you can contact me @ [email protected] or you can go through firetec, we have it listed through them. Here the site with a little info. Thanks. Click Here for Details

Originally posted by blake1334
    Currently we have a squrt for sale. It is for sale because we dont get harldy any use out of it. It was dontated to our FD and we have used it about 30 times in the last 10 years, 20 of which were probably parade. If you want any information you can contact me @ [email protected] or you can go through firetec, we have it listed through them. Here the site with a little info. Thanks. Click Here for Details
    Donated to your FD? You might want to consider passing that favor
    forward - I know a number of departments down here in southern MO
    that could really use that thing - but they have budgets of 15K or less.

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301
      Donated to your FD? You might want to consider passing that favor
      forward - I know a number of departments down here in southern MO
      that could really use that thing - but they have budgets of 15K or less.
      Exactly what I was thinking. I could see selling it if it was a private donor who donated the truck, but if another FD donated it I would think it more than appropriate to return the favor. Or, return it to that FD so that they can choose what to do with it.

Comment

We have a gas company in the district and their FD closed and they gave us what they had.

Comment

Squrt

We could sure use a donation like that. I would like to have something for elevated master streams but would hate to spend the big bucks and find out it doesnt work in our situation

Comment

Pass it foward

Comment

Or have it refurbished and fitted on a new engine that you will use as a first due.

The problem with trucks like that is all too often they are old platforms and relegated to reserve status due to ISO rules on age. The technology in the stick itself has not changed much in 20 or so years (same for the entire tele-squrt line), so put it on a new truck and you may use it more.

And you can't buy that kind of upgrade for $15,000 these days.

You can still donate the old chassis out afterwards.
              Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

Apparatus age

Here is what ISO says about apparatus age:

Maximum Age for Apparatus

The Fire Suppression Rating Schedule (FSRS) does not specify any maximum age for fire apparatus. ISO uses NFPA standards to define whether or not the apparatus meets general requirements. In addition, pumper apparatus must pass a pump test. ISO will credit a pumper with its capability (gallons per minute) at a net pump pressure of 150 psi. Aerial apparatus must also pass an annual service test (including a nondestructive test at least every five years).

Here is link to ISO Mitigation website:

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X