• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dragonfyre
    replied
    Here's what I got from my contact at American LaFrance:

Steve:

Checked with Sanford. They advised me that there is nothing for the GMC. FRC had one, but it did not work. The best thing they do now is a FRC Throttle XL with manual intake and discharge relief valves.

Robert (Bob) Jones
    Government & Export Sales Manager
    American LaFrance, LLC
    8500 Palmetto Commerce Parkway
    Ladson, SC 29456

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• canuck1
    replied
    more info

Originally posted by dragonfyre
    Need some more information:

1) What size Topkick? The 4500 & 5500 use a different size (6.6L) vs the 6500 & up which use the 7.8L Isuzu engine.

2) If you are going into the bigger ones, Stick or Automatic?

I assume since you mentioned the "GM diesel" that you're not considering the Cat engine available in the 6500 & up.

C5500- allison 1000 automatic - duramax engine - sorry - should have posted this stuff earlier

Leave a comment:

• nwadler
    replied
    Just wondering if you have talked to people like ferrara or class 1 about this issue. I would think that either of these two may be able to help you

Leave a comment:

• dragonfyre
    replied
    Need some more information:

1) What size Topkick? The 4500 & 5500 use a different size (6.6L) vs the 6500 & up which use the 7.8L Isuzu engine.

2) If you are going into the bigger ones, Stick or Automatic?

I assume since you mentioned the "GM diesel" that you're not considering the Cat engine available in the 6500 & up.

Leave a comment:

• canuck1
    replied
    alrighty then...

Originally posted by canuck1
    Anyone have a GMC Topkick with a midship pump, and Electronic Pressure Governor (EPG) that works?
    I was told that currently, there are no EPGs that will work with the GMC diesel engine.

okee dokee then....I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the info I was given was correct. It sounds like no-one here has one, and I'm being told it can't be done, so until someone shows me otherwise - I guess its true.

Leave a comment:

• canuck1
    started a topic Elec. Pressure Gov. / GMC

Elec. Pressure Gov. / GMC

Anyone have a GMC Topkick with a midship pump, and Electronic Pressure Governor (EPG) that works?
    I was told that currently, there are no EPGs that will work with the GMC diesel engine.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X