Elec. Pressure Gov. / GMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elec. Pressure Gov. / GMC

Anyone have a GMC Topkick with a midship pump, and Electronic Pressure Governor (EPG) that works?
    I was told that currently, there are no EPGs that will work with the GMC diesel engine.

alrighty then...

Originally posted by canuck1
    Anyone have a GMC Topkick with a midship pump, and Electronic Pressure Governor (EPG) that works?
    I was told that currently, there are no EPGs that will work with the GMC diesel engine.

okee dokee then....I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the info I was given was correct. It sounds like no-one here has one, and I'm being told it can't be done, so until someone shows me otherwise - I guess its true.

Comment

Need some more information:

1) What size Topkick? The 4500 & 5500 use a different size (6.6L) vs the 6500 & up which use the 7.8L Isuzu engine.

2) If you are going into the bigger ones, Stick or Automatic?

I assume since you mentioned the "GM diesel" that you're not considering the Cat engine available in the 6500 & up.
      Steve Dragon
      FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
      Volunteers are never "off duty".
      http://www.bufd7.org

Comment

Just wondering if you have talked to people like ferrara or class 1 about this issue. I would think that either of these two may be able to help you

Comment

more info

Originally posted by dragonfyre
          Need some more information:

1) What size Topkick? The 4500 & 5500 use a different size (6.6L) vs the 6500 & up which use the 7.8L Isuzu engine.

2) If you are going into the bigger ones, Stick or Automatic?

I assume since you mentioned the "GM diesel" that you're not considering the Cat engine available in the 6500 & up.

C5500- allison 1000 automatic - duramax engine - sorry - should have posted this stuff earlier

Comment

Here's what I got from my contact at American LaFrance:

Steve:

Checked with Sanford. They advised me that there is nothing for the GMC. FRC had one, but it did not work. The best thing they do now is a FRC Throttle XL with manual intake and discharge relief valves.

Robert (Bob) Jones
            Government & Export Sales Manager
            American LaFrance, LLC
            8500 Palmetto Commerce Parkway
            Ladson, SC 29456

Hope that helps.
            Steve Dragon
            FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
            Volunteers are never "off duty".
            http://www.bufd7.org

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...