roll-up vs. pull-out doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ecfr1978
    One of ladder trucks has painted roll up doors, I recommend not doing that, because when the paint gets scratched the door looks like crap.
    You know, regular doors look like crap when they are scratched too. I am not sure I would use the above comment as a reason to not get painted roll up doors.

They both have advantages and disadvantages. Roll up doors are hard to knock off. Standard doors very rarely ever get stuck shut- as can happen with roll up doors.

Bottomline, its all what you like. You know, kinda like fat girls - there great if you like that kind of thing.
    Last edited by MemphisE34a; 12-05-2006, 05:28 PM.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

We've had ROM's on our last three Engines with good success.They work best if you spend a little time keeping them clean.You won't catch them on doors or traffic which makes them a plus in our narrow "houses". T.C.

Comment

We have two unit with Dover doors and seem fine. On our second unit the MFG wanted to use ROM, but we stuck with Dover. The ROM.. honestly they seemed cheap and flimsy..and the ones we saw the external rubber was "puckering"..lack of a better term. Dover was owned by the Dover family from Scotland and the family was at all the trade shows, but I believe that they are owned by a firm from Canada. Two suggestions though...don't get a painted finish go with a "brushed aluminum" finish. If you get painted everytime you roll up the door the upper outer sweep scrathes the finish. With the brushed finish, no scrathes and no waxing needed!! On the inside also get a catch pan mounted under the roll up to catch all the drippings from the rolled door.

Comment

I haven't seen this mentioned yet-with roll ups, you must ensure the equipment inside the compartment is mounted securely, or else it may jam the door.

You can't stand under a roll up in the rain. But the horizontal hinged pan doors were the ones we always ripped off pulling out of the bay.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X