LACo Bat Chiefs Ride.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price

Anyone know how much LA paid for these trucks ??

Comment

I personally think these trucks are the way to go, they remove all of the loose equipment that is rolling around in the back of Batt vehicles and put it into a comparment were it is less likely to become damaged or become a projectile. It also facilitates standardization, something as simple as whether or not the BC car has spare cylinders (some do, some don't) is helpful at a job when you come out for a new cylinder. The post radios, FAST radios, command equipment, tools... they are all just thrown in the back now or in some home grown plywood box. Good to see progressive ideas on apparatus in LA and Miami-Dade, nice rigs (except for the paint on the green one) .

Comment

They may be functional and maneuverable, but dang that thing is UGLY!!!

Just curious, on a department that large why does the chief carry that much stuff anyway??
        RK
        cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

They carry things that are not required to be carried by every company, such as but not limited to the post radio, fast radio, ICS vests, gas detectors, mini manifolds, bunker gear and scba for chief and batt. firefighter (aide), loose tools and equipment going to and from units in the battalion for repair, deliveries, and some carry equipment specific to their area of operation, IE hi rise blankets are planned for some Bn's. The stuff adds up, some battalions whose districts are spread out geographically carry spare cylinders too. And the deputies carry the command post board too.

Comment

Wow. Our chiefs pretty much just haul the mail around.
            RK
            cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

can anyone help me with info on deep south fire equipment truck builder ,they gave me a to good to be true price, on a new truck ...... fema grant ... don,t want to get took

Comment

On Hwy 49 S. in Mississippi??
                RK
                cell #901-494-9437

Comment

Originally posted by MemphisE34a
                  They may be functional and maneuverable, but dang that thing is UGLY!!!

Just curious, on a department that large why does the chief carry that much stuff anyway??
                  Since I've heard the question about what is carried on these trucks a few times before on here, I figured I might as well post interior pics of our Batt Trucks.

http://www.emergencyrigs.net/viewpho...3337&Size=med_

Drivers side- BLS med equipment, Chief's gear, 9 spare SCBA bottles, Spare SCBA, TIC, Gas monitor, and the off-going Chief's gear I forgot to pull off. (sorry Chief!)

http://www.emergencyrigs.net/viewpho...3338&Size=med_

Rear View- RIT bag, spare SCBA (RIT), and rope bags. Assorted hand tools and cribbing on the upper two trays.

http://www.emergencyrigs.net/viewpho...3339&Size=med_

Passenger Side- Dive Equipment with spare BCD, fire extinguishers, extra skin-diving equipment, 9 Spare SCBA bottles, Haz-mat kit, jumper cables, jacks (car), and a ton of pre-plans, MCI kits, and other chief-ly paperwork.

I hope this gives a little insight. By the way, the space next to the Spare SCBA bottles is transverse. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Iluv4201

Comment

Originally posted by Iluv4201
                    Since I've heard the question about what is carried on these trucks a few times before on here, I figured I might as well post interior pics of our Batt Trucks.

http://www.emergencyrigs.net/viewpho...3339&Size=med_

Passenger Side- Dive Equipment with spare BCD, fire extinguishers, extra skin-diving equipment, 9 Spare SCBA bottles, Haz-mat kit, jumper cables, jacks (car), and a ton of pre-plans, MCI kits, and other chief-ly paperwork.

I hope this gives a little insight. By the way, the space next to the Spare SCBA bottles is transverse. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Iluv4201
                    Wow, that's a lot of stuff. You guys have any need for air truck anymore?
                    Diving gear--that's a new one in a chiefs truck.

Comment

Iluv4201

I just saw some pics of the new RK aerials. Whats the word on/about them, or are they in service yet. Got any pics.

Comment

Originally posted by skipatrol8
                        Wow, that's a lot of stuff. You guys have any need for air truck anymore?
                        Diving gear--that's a new one in a chiefs truck.
                        That is Batt 10's truck. Our Cheif's pretty much have full reign as to what speciality equipment they carry- Batt 10 Chiefs actually run pretty light comparatively.

And as for the air trucks, we use them daily. We found it to be more cost-effective to remove all the air compressors from the stations. So the air trucks are responsible for refilling all empty bottles from each station each duty day. Once idone, they only respond special request or on 3rd alarm or greater calls. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

I'll see if I can snap some pics of their new ride as well if you're interested.
                        Iluv4201

...And about the dive gear... about 1/4 of our department are Certified Rescue Divers. And over half of us are Rescue Skin Divers. Every piece of apparatus in our fleet carry gear for both levels of certification. All Suppression and Medical Transport units carry a minimum of 2 SCUBA tanks and gear.
                        Last edited by Iluv4201; 11-21-2006, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ecfr1978
                          Iluv4201

I just saw some pics of the new RK aerials. Whats the word on/about them, or are they in service yet. Got any pics.

We have 2 of them in service now- Ladder 16 and Aerial 31. Ladder 16 is the 75' rear mount (turntable control) and Aerial 31 is the 60' rear mount (ground-level control). From what I've heard, the word is still out. L-16 is the next-due truck to my territory, but we haven't caught a fire with them yet, so I can't give a personal opinion. I have some pics of L-16 pending on emergencyrigs.net- i'll post em when they're up.

We had a pretty large order through Rosenbauer for the aerials, so I'm assuming we have about half a dozen or more still coming. And the word on the street is we have a contract for some Engines as well???? Maybe NPFD801 can shed some light on this for both of us?

Iluv4201

Comment

I think I've heard the last of the Miami Dade rigs were on the floor at the plant and would be complete before long. I haven't been up there for a while, so take this with a grain of salt.

I've heard rumblings about possible engines, but I again don't know the specifics. You know how rumors are, and truth be told I don't know where I heard it.

To be honest, all the gossip and dirt I hear is worse than the Enquirer. The sad part is that every once in a while one turns out to be true.
                            Last edited by npfd801; 11-21-2006, 10:16 PM.
                            "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

I was just at general and I believe there are two quints left to be delivered.

Here's some pics.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I heard that Miami-Dade had three engines on order. I noticed the pics that were posted by VanIsleEVT had A2 on the front bumper, I don't want to assume, but I guess that will replace Squirt 2. Just wondering why you guys no longer order from Pierce.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X