Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that these folks built the box:

Master Body
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

[QUOTE=npfd801]I believe that these folks built the box:

Master Body[/QUOTE

I am not trying to be argumentative so please dont take it that way just asking, are you sure I know they use to make their own bodies for their squads but I am old..lol that was in the days of emergency. They have a fairly large shop where they do their own accident repairs, they may have closed it and decided it was cheaper to cntract out is what I am trying to find out. You may be right I did see a swift water unit they built for them.

Comment

http://www.lafirephotos.com/lafdappa...port/index.htm

This is the LAFD shop.
        This space for rent

Comment

Seagrave7's photo link, bottom passenger side rear of body. You can see the builder's plaque/badge.

Seagrave 7 photo/link from above
          "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

Originally posted by npfd801
            Seagrave7's photo link, bottom passenger side rear of body. You can see the builder's plaque/badge.

It also says in the description of the vehicule below the picture...
            Master Body Works.

Don

Comment

I agree with the short bus idea, then i started looking at the equipment on that unit. DANG, that has more equipment than some of the rescue units i have seen or used. Then i started thinking some more. Where is the kitchen sink and the vanity mirror supposed to go. But that is some function there..
              Jason.
              Career Paramedic/Volunteer Firefighter
              Saving Lives or Basements everyday.
              Member of the IACOJ

Goalies are the best btw :P

Comment

[QUOTE=npfd801]Seagrave7's photo link, bottom passenger side rear of body. You can see the builder's plaque/badge.

yes thank you I see that now where as I wasnt really looking that close at it the other night, that and I keep getting the two departments confused and realized that is a city unit not county the county is the ones that use to make their squad bodies, not sure if they still do so or not..sorry for the confusion.
                Last edited by firetdriver99; 11-10-2006, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by don120
                  It also says in the description of the vehicule below the picture...
                  Master Body Works.

Don

yes thank you that info wasnt availible the other night it kept coming up an error for the bottom part where as its comes up tonight but thanks for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by firetdriver99
                    The back part is most likely built by LA counties shop it they probably got a gross of f-450 cabs on a county bid with another dept like county maintenece that would have no use for vans or a SUV type vehicle so it was probably cheaper for them to go this route and build what they acually wanted. That would be my guess if they purchased a bunch of them the cost savings was probably considerable.
                    More likely they wanted to continue to operate diesel battalion vehicles and ford and gm have ceased production of diesel SUV's. This situation is being addressed up here too.

Comment

It might may not make much of a difference, but isn't that a either the F-250/350 since it has single wheels on the rear axle. I've done some looking and can only find F-450/550 with dual rear wheels, the F-250/350 are available with single wheels on the rear axle.

Comment

Just to clarify. The City of Los Angeles Fire Department and Los Angeles County Fire Department are very different departments. Be careful with calling either department the wrong name. They won't take it lightly.

Also, LAFD does not have squads. LAcoFD has squads. LAFD has task forces.

Comment

Originally posted by ecfr1978
                          It might may not make much of a difference, but isn't that a either the F-250/350 since it has single wheels on the rear axle. I've done some looking and can only find F-450/550 with dual rear wheels, the F-250/350 are available with single wheels on the rear axle.

I was wondering when someone was going to notice that....
                          also looking at distance between the cab and the rear axle would suggest
                          it's an F250 with a 142" wheelbase.

Don

Comment

Damn....

I'll have to just put up with my BMW wagon...

But this is not far behind from the nearest area HQ

Then this joins in when we get to 8 Pumps at a job.

Back in the 80's and early 90's when we were really busy, we also had these that would respond to all 4 Pump Fires before the larger Command Units.

However, the last few years have seen the amount of working jobs dramatically increase again, and often in LFB all 5 of the Command Units are often in use at one time...I have been to jobs plenty of times over the last couple of years, especially in the summer where we have no CU's coming on....

However, and back to the point of the thread, LFB have ordered 8 smaller CU's that will respond to the regular diet of 4 Pump working jobs, leaving the larger Units for when it goes to 6 Pumps (2nd Alarm) and the 'Big Bus' for 8 Pump jobs (Thrid Alarm) all untis are as always compatible and fit into a gradually increasing command system as the job goes higher... all of the software is linked, the Main area HQ'a all the command untis can log onto the same system and monitor the same ICS system for that job...decision logs, messages, maps, plans, Hazmat info etc.

The Units they have ordered are allegedly similr to LOndon's Mercedes Sprinter Ambulances with the Command area in the place of the patient area...and hopefully they will be LFB red and not LAS floursecent Lime green!!!
                            Steve Dude
                            IACOJ member
                            www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jfTL41
                              More likely they wanted to continue to operate diesel battalion vehicles and ford and gm have ceased production of diesel SUV's. This situation is being addressed up here too.
                              Please keep us posted on what you end up going to. US automakers have made some pretty stupid decisions over the years (stopping production on top selling service cars, etc) and this one ranks right up there. Must be the environmentalists put too much pressure on Ford and GM. What's left in the diesel market for an SUV now????
                              Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

Diesel SUV ?
                                Mercedes Benz ML320 CDI

But reasonably, nothing.
                                Last edited by ctxffman; 11-11-2006, 09:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X