Maroon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maroon

We are considering changing our apparatus from "safety green" to maroon and gold. The new colors would be the same as the local high school, kind of a community identifucation and pride initiative. Does anyone have any pictures of maroon apparatus (or thoughts on such a radical change)?

any color combo in the world

http://www.youngstownfire.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=16
    YOU ONLY NEED TO BE STUPID ONCE TO BE DEAD FOREVER!

Comment

When I was at the Rosenbauer plant in Lyons, SD in January we got to see some maroon trucks (I think they were going to Puerto Rico). I thought they were sharp! Anything's got to be better than green!

Personally, I like the idea of having some school/town pride on your apparatus. We considered changing ours to black with gold trim to go with school colors starting with our new pumper/tanker. Ended up deciding it'd be too much work to paint the others to match and went with black and gold reflective striping. We also have a big eagle (school mascot) on the side of the trucks with "Home of the Eagles" beside it.

Comment

This color is actually even better looking in person, but all I can give you are links to pix...

http://www.doorkickers.org/images/e454new2.jpg

http://www.doorkickers.org/images/E454.jpg

This seems pretty close to what you're looking for.

Comment

Spring Valley Fire Department

From the ALF website. The maroon may be a little darker than you're looking for.
          Attached Files

Comment

I believe that some of San Francisco's new engines are a dark maroon color.

http://www.emergencyrigs.net/viewpho...3018&Size=med_

Comment

ALF Red, darker than most
              "Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself."

Comment

I think the gold leaf stands out a lot more on the darker reds/maroon colors. They look sharp!

Somewhere I once say a picture of a two-tone cab, pewter over maroon, that looked sharp. Almost like the Tampa Bay Bucs colors. That one looked dang nice. Two colors I don't know that I would have thought of putting together on a firetruck, but it worked.

Comment

I can't believe no one has said it yet....
                  Firetrucks should be RED!

Comment

I definitely thank it's a good thing when you show community pride. Maroon is a very sharp color.

Comment

Sweet colors

Springfield PA has some Sutphens that are SUH_WEET!! I don't have thier web address handy but they are easy to find. The color is Black Cherry and it is gorgeous!!
                      I have but one ambition in life and that is to become a firefighter.

Comment

Originally posted by efd281
                        Springfield PA has some Sutphens that are SUH_WEET!! I don't have thier web address handy but they are easy to find. The color is Black Cherry and it is gorgeous!!
                        Black Cherry? Come on its freakin PURPLE, deal with it. If you aren't comfortable enough with your masculinity to admit its purple, then you should stick to red or slime!! HA!!!

Comment

Port Norris (Maroon / Silver)

This is Port Norris in Southern New Jersey - Maroon with Silver.

http://www.hundtfirerescue.com/recent.htm
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes ALF Red is darker than most, but not quite Maroon.

Here are a couple of pics of our engine in ALF red. One at factory delivery with the shady side shown, and one in the sun after decaling. You can see the difference from traditional red for sure.
                            Attached Files
                            Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainS
                              ALF Red, darker than most
                              You can always tell which departments had ALF in the old days, the red they keep is much darker than the usual "Fire Engine red". If you say you want "ALF red" most fire apparatus builders would know what you ment.

Larry

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X