Tanker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanker

Our dept is looking for a new tanker with a price tag of under 150K. Can you guys share your price and dealers that have already met your needs in this price range. Email info to [email protected]

Thanks

wolverine i believe can do it

Comment

Although we don't run tankers(we run engines w/ 1000 gal tanks) One of the departments around us just bought a new tanker. They got a Pierce 2000 gal tanker with a 1000 gpm pump on a Kenworth chassis. I think that it was around 120k. It seems like a pretty nice rig. It looks good and runs well for them.
      http://kuhlhosefire.org/apparatus.htm

Comment

Tanker

Try the local Pierce dealer for a Contender DX Tanker. Should be in that range

My old Company has an S&S Mack r but they were more than taht back then.

But the S&S is built very well and looks like new (she is an 1987)

Comment

What size tank and pump (if needed) are you looking for? Do you need to carry anything else as far as equipment?

I believe alot of the apparatus manufactures have areas of their websites that you can build trucks on line and they will send you a set of specs.

Comment

US Tanker

Try Us Tanker

http://www.ustanker.com/

Comment

I too am interested in a tanker, but have a little more $ to spend (not trying to be snobbish)
              We are in the beginning stages of putting together a 2500-3000 gallon, 4 man cab, 1250 pump, blah, blah, blah.

Found American LaFrance to be very reasonalbe, plus you can build rough on-line.

Comment

Check with Danko (for under $150 and the 4 door cab). We just received our new 4 door tanker, 2100 gallons, total price was around $155K.

Also, a picture from the back at:

http://www.westonfire.com

Bruce
                Bruce Arp
                2nd Asst. Chief
                Weston Volunteer Fire & Resuce
                http://www.westonfire.com

Comment

Tanker

Firovac is selling their Demo unit cheap!!! You might want to check it out. It's a.....

1999 Select Freightliner, 430 hp
                  Detroit Diesel Series 60, 10 Speed
                  Fuller Auto-Shift, with air ride
                  suspension.

not to mention it's a vacuum tanker and can move some serious water.
                  Attached Files

Comment

As long as you don't go nuts, just about any builder should be able to build you a new tanker for $150K. Now if you start getting real heavy on the chassis, adding lots of options, then you won't be able to get what you want for that money.

Check everyone. I sell Rosenbauer, I know they can do it. I also know that US Tanker as previously mentioned can, Pierce as was mentioned, probably folks like Simon, Alexis, E-One and ALF (for sure in a program unit, as I recently bid against one.)

Your budget is not out of line, in my opinion.
                    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

Don't know how much pump you want, but take a look at Toyne's new web site (lauched yesterday) at www. toyne.com. > Products > Demos. They're showing a 2000 gallon demo tanker (8542) on a Freighliner M2 single axle chassis. I didn't open them, but the complete specs are there. Looks like it has a small pump.

Look at the one under it, too, #8700. Also 2000 gallons, more pump, stainless body, more features. No idea what price range they're in, but 800 phone calls come pretty reasonable...

Stay safe out there, everyone goes home!
                      Last edited by chiefengineer11; 10-28-2006, 12:05 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

try ustanker.com. it's better than others.

Comment

Originally posted by utfd701
                          I too am interested in a tanker, but have a little more $ to spend (not trying to be snobbish)
                          We are in the beginning stages of putting together a 2500-3000 gallon, 4 man cab, 1250 pump, blah, blah, blah.

Found American LaFrance to be very reasonalbe, plus you can build rough on-line.
                          Send me a pm or give me an e-mail address
                          Thanks

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...