Lettering a KW door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lettering a KW door

We're working on the lettering for our new pumper tanker (Kenworth chassis). Problem we're having is the window in the bottom of the passenger door. Anyone have any pictures or anything of one they've had done or someone close to them that we can get some ideas on? We want something that's going to look nice, not tacky, but it's a pain due to that freaking window.

Some here

This is off the pierce website, there are a bunch of examples. Most of the chassis are the smaller model but there a few of the large ones. Does the window design help with seing curbs and what not?

Comment

Originally posted by skipatrol8
      This is off the pierce website, there are a bunch of examples. Most of the chassis are the smaller model but there a few of the large ones. Does the window design help with seing curbs and what not?
      A window in that location's not uncommon on bigger commercial trucks. It allows the driver to see if there's a vehicle in his blindspot forward of what the spot mirror shows. It just happens that KW makes it standard, even on fire chassis, which for some reason I doubt they make a specific "fire" chassis. I imagine they just use the same chassis as for commercial use and make the dimensions how the manufacturer orders them.

I'm having a little bit of difficulty with that site, any tricks to getting the pictures to download? Or even any specific rigs that are KW? (assuming the nateboyce.com is the site and not part of a signature?)
      Last edited by Catch22; 10-25-2006, 11:13 AM.

Comment

ooops....my bad

that site is my signature, it just has my drawings, though there are some fire apparatus, I was reffering to this site http://piercemfg.com/new_deliveries/...fm?type=tanker

there are lots of examples, hust in particular order.

Comment

we just had to do it on our new tanker, we needed up using an decal of our patch on the doors so the window didn't interfere and did writing on the hood and tank. At work on our dump trucks we have a downsized decal of whats on the passenger door and it fits, its annoying that its not an option like it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by 2004F550
            we just had to do it on our new tanker, we needed up using an decal of our patch on the doors so the window didn't interfere and did writing on the hood and tank. At work on our dump trucks we have a downsized decal of whats on the passenger door and it fits, its annoying that its not an option like it used to be.
            That's not very comforting, we're looking at redesigning our patch but holding off to see if our fire district passes. Hate to design a patch that says "Fire Department" and have to change it to "Fire Protection District."

Comment

Doncha hate that,,"Yourtown" F.P.D. is too confusing and Fire Protection District is a lot to get on a door

Comment

Originally posted by ntmd8r38
                Doncha hate that,,"Yourtown" F.P.D. is too confusing and Fire Protection District is a lot to get on a door
                Exactly! I've already been trying to figure that one out.

Comment

Thats why we dropped the "Protection" off of our last two new trucks.
                  We just use XXXXX FIRE DISTRICT
                  Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X