Crimson vs. Pierce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimson vs. Pierce?

We are looking at both companies for a new pumper. Which would be a better choice for us?

10 years ago I'd would have told you Pierce, but now, their quality and customer service isn't there after the delivery of the equipment. Just my opion.

Comment

Originally posted by wfd1102
      We are looking at both companies for a new pumper. Which would be a better choice for us?
      If your department is looking to save some money on the new pumper , go with the crimson Star series pumper or the SE model !...

Comment

We bought a Pierce in 1996. As a chief, I would never buy another one. Service is "iffy" at best in our area. And getting parts quickly? Forget about it unless you are willing to pay extra.
        I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Comment

Just remember...Crismson bought out Quality out of Talledega(sp?)...We have a 1990 Quality tanker on an International chassis....Quality my arse. Crimson set a RFP in for our newest truck...We couldn't even find who the local dealer is...and that's from a dept that owns one...
          The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Comment

Originally posted by firepiper1
            We bought a Pierce in 1996. As a chief, I would never buy another one. Service is "iffy" at best in our area. And getting parts quickly? Forget about it unless you are willing to pay extra.
            Piper...must be a local thing...We have all Pierces, except the Quality tanker, and have NEVER had a service issue. The guys will be out ASAP (within 24 hours) if needed to try to do in house repairs, and if not, it gets brought to the shop. We had an "issue" with our hydraulic ladder rack (not do to equipment malfunction...due to a member driving the truck with it down, ramming it into a tree) and they had it fixed within weeks...woulda been sooner, but the insurance company was the hold up.
            The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Comment

Our 1996 Quantum had to be repainted 3 times in 4 years! The paint would fall off the frame when the guys washed the truck with a garden hose. A factory problem that should have never happened on a high bid truck took 4 years to fix with many, many months of down time.
              I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Comment

Originally posted by LeuitEFDems
                Just remember...Crismson bought out Quality out of Talledega(sp?)...We have a 1990 Quality tanker on an International chassis....Quality my arse.
                FYI, none of the Crimson rigs are being built in Talladega anymore. This facility is now being used as a regional service center, and does some refurbs. All of the Crimsons are being built in South Dakota.
                Career Fire Captain
                Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Toss Up. Go With The One That Gives You The Best Service After The Sale. Remember That Anything Can Break At Anytime. The Company That Can Get You The Bast Service And Quick Is Who I Would Go With
                  YOU ONLY NEED TO BE STUPID ONCE TO BE DEAD FOREVER!

Comment

Im sure all trucks will have "issues", what matters is how good of a dealer you have to handle the problems. Im sure even Pierce has a few bad dealers. Before I would make a decision between Pierce or Crimson I would want to know the price difference, on the same specs, and the quality of the dealer.

Our town just bought 2 crimson rescue pumpers on Spartan chassis. They cost $292k each, and are identical. One has had several problems, not all necessarly the fault of Crimson. One was the engine, Cummins fault. But sence both problems were resolved, the machines have been great.
                    We also have a Pierce 100ft Tower, very few problems. It is a 1995 model and still runs like new. But it does NOT run on every call.

Comment

Remember, fire department members will love the truck when they see it at FDIC but will say its a piece of sh&t when its parked in the station.

Any brand of truck will have problems. The botton line is service, service and service.

Comment

I agree with you Piper on the service part, if not for our Dealer on our 2001 Dash, we would not have our problem taken care of. We love our engine the way it was specd. and serves us well, but the qualty of the engine isn't there.

Comment

Crimson Aerials

Does anyone know anything about their aerials, specifically their platforms? Saw one the other day and was pretty impressed. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from someone who has one.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X