New Jersey Aerialscope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey Aerialscope

Hopefully this will ring a bell with someone on here.

I remember seeing an Aerialscope from a New Jersey Dept. with a small tank (around 100 gpm) and a small pump (around 200 gpm). I believe it was a single rear axle with a 75' boom. Any info would help.

Thanks

iluv4201

what?

thats what we put on brush trucks...could you put out a dumpster fire with that?

Comment

Possibly Cherry Hill TL24. It is my understanding from what I heard a while back that they don't care too much for this rig.

http://www.cherryhillfirefighters.com/ladder24.php

Comment

Originally posted by Iluv4201
        Hopefully this will ring a bell with someone on here.

I remember seeing an Aerialscope from a New Jersey Dept. with a small tank (around 100 gpm) and a small pump (around 200 gpm). I believe it was a single rear axle with a 75' boom. Any info would help.

Thanks

iluv4201
        I don't know of any in the state of N.J., but Pahrump Valley, NV is having a Mack/Aerialscope rebuilt buy Advantage Apparatus LLC. with a 1000 gpm pump and 300 gal WT for a price of $ 370,000 . The chassis is a 1991 Mack & the scope boom is from a 1972 model !..

Comment

West Trenton had one with a full pump years ago. The only other one I saw was Nyack NY. Cherry Hill does have a small pump/tank also

Comment

He's looking for a SINGLE axle model. Cherry Hill and West Nyack's (both old and new) are all TANDEM axle. There are a few tandems out there with pumps/tanks, but it's very rare to see a single axle Scope with a tank/pump on it. I checked all the ones Mike Martinelli has listed on his site and couldn't find a one.

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html...rialscopes.htm

Comment

I think that most of the single axle Mack cf / Baker Aerialscopes were built on a 24,000 lb rear axle, it would be over the GVW if it added a pump & water tank ?

Comment

first built

I saw a picture from 1966 of a scope working a fatal fire in new york. when did they start building them?

Comment

Originally posted by skipatrol8
                  I saw a picture from 1966 of a scope working a fatal fire in new york. when did they start building them?
                  A quick look shows FDNY Tower Ladder 1 was a Traco telescopic boom on a 1964 Mack C85.

Comment

so...

it just looked like a scope--I don't know my appartus ages very well.

Comment

I am almost positive a company named " EATON " built the first scope for New York in 1964 on a Mack chassis ?

Comment

Tower Ladder

A few things for the record:

1. TRACO built the first FDNY Tower Ladder assigned to Ladder 1 in 1964.
                        2. EATON built the next FDNY shipment (I think around 5 or so)
                        3. The rest were Bakerscopes.

4. The CHFD's Tower Ladder has a small tank/300gpm PTO pump used for incidental fires in their first-due local. Believe it to be one-of a kind since you would never know it's there until you open up the compartment and see the pump panel, or the 100ft line "hidden" in the front bumper. Had some problems in the beginning since it apparently was one of the last to leave the Aerialscope plant before the merger into seagrave.

Comment

This may or may not interest you, but this appears to have a pump and water tank, possible one of the only export Mack/Scopes, in service in New Zealand.

http://www.111emergency.co.nz/KC1509.htm

Darren

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...