Arrow XT vs Marauder II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow XT vs Marauder II

Which chassis cab would your fire department purchase and why !Please no " BASHING " of Pierce or Seagrave. What are your likes & dislikes of each chassis?

Honestly,
    I would prefer the Pierce Arrow XT (it's all metal interior, no multiplexing, no bells & whistles which are not needed) , I also liked the Seagraves in the early 90s however have heard from multiple depts that have been having major issues with them and their service not to mention the problems the FDNY has been having

Comment

Originally posted by dano8696
      I would prefer the Pierce Arrow XT (it's all metal interior, no multiplexing, no bells & whistles which are not needed)
      I really, really like that whole "stripped down" concept. There are too many people focused on building "luxury" apparatus these days. We don't need all the extraneous crap in the cabs and all the computer controls. Good solid rigs with a minimum of bells & whistles that do what they're supposed to do every time...that's what we need.

Originally posted by dano8696
      I also liked the Seagraves in the early 90s however have heard from multiple depts that have been having major issues with them and their service not to mention the problems the FDNY has been having
      I can't really say that any of the few departments in our area that have Seagraves apparatus have had any particularly bad experiences with them. The biggest problem around here is the lack of a local service presence (I think you still have to go all the way to New Jersey for a dealer), and that really hurts them when companies make purchasing decisions or write specs.

Comment

Stripped Down

Dano, FYI, The Marauder II is a non multiplexed all STAINLESS STEEL interior. FDNY uses the Commander II chassis, not the Marauder II.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X