Waste of Taxpayer's Money??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waste of Taxpayer's Money??

I had a buddy send these photos to me and I must say this is one of the most rediculous things I've seen on a fire truck. Anyone else?
    Attached Files

HA! I think we've probably found the first spy photos of the new Mount Horeb monster. Overkill? Oh yea. Like it? OH YEA!

Not sure if there is taxpayer money involved with this, or strictly volunteer funds....
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Maybe they're trying to force the bumper-monkeys to find another hobby.
      Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

mt horeb

they must not like powercalls anymore, and since they need 4 sirens, why not have 4 qs=$12000. whats up with the green leds? and the lack of single rotators? i thought that was mt horeb standard.

Comment

are those two "sirens" in the bumper really sirens and not just fancy speaker covers? Looking at the first photo, it looks a little hollow to be full-fledged Federal-Q's.

Comment

It looks like 2 Q's and 2 regular sirens covered with a shroud that looks like the one used on the Q.

This is definatly WAY overkill, and a waste of money. Im sure the town council did not no what was speced on the truck that they approved.

Why dide'nt they spec dual roto-rays and train air horns? Is that a Pierce?

Comment

Hehe,not that hard to figue out.What you have is two REAL Q's,two E-Q's,horns,a winch and four Mars 88's,two high and two bumper mounts.Betcha you can hear it coming.Quite a lot of coin represented there. T.C.

Comment

Nice call TC ..................thats gotta be headed to MT. Hoerb...........
                IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Waste of taxpayer money.

To each his own. Those guys are very proud of their equipment and work hard to pay for it. It is no more a waste of money than when the Bumphuck Fire Dept puts a 2,000gpm pump on every pumper in the house and maybe on a good day can pull two inch and a half's.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBaronl32
                    To each his own. Those guys are very proud of their equipment and work hard to pay for it. It is no more a waste of money than when the Bumphuck Fire Dept puts a 2,000gpm pump on every pumper in the house and maybe on a good day can pull two inch and a half's.
                    That's an ignorant statement based on a lack of understanding of hydraulics. 2000gpm pumps are easily justified, espically for rural depts that draft and/or move water over long distances. Spending upwards of $20k on "bells and whistles" is a waste of money. It doesn't matter if it comes from a tax, bingo, donations, or other fundraiser's it is a waste of the money that the citizens of your community entrusted you with. I believe most citizens would prefer for that money to be spent on more crucial items than a fancy bumper.

Comment

spartan

looks like a gladiator classic to me, with a 20" raised roof. That goes beyond "fancy bumper," since it has by my count, a winch, two electronics, two Qs, two spotlights on the bumper, 6 led warning lights, 2 bells, and two more spotlights mounted up high...i dunno what all those spotlights are for though...in cab control?

Comment

Need HD Amps!

Originally posted by toddmcbr
                        I had a buddy send these photos to me and I must say this is one of the most rediculous things I've seen on a fire truck. Anyone else?
                        With the 4 Q2,s you must need dual monster alternators 540 amp? and some HD hearing protection !..

Comment

Originally posted by RedBaronl32
                          It is no more a waste of money than when the Bumphuck Fire Dept puts a 2,000gpm pump on every pumper in the house and maybe on a good day can pull two inch and a half's.
                          We don't buy firetrucks of good days. You spec/buy for that rare BAD day when you need 2000gpm and don't have time to order a different truck.

So where does all that crap on the front bumper come into that bad day when there is work to be done? Or perhaps there is some actual firefighting equipment that might be useful.

Comment

Well let' see -
                            Dual Q2B Sirens = $7,000.00
                            Dual Bells = $3,000.00
                            Amp. Draw for both Q's = 200
                            Decibel output for both Q's = 200 db

WHACKER/HOOPLE POTENTIAL - PRICELESS!!!!

They better hope they don't run into something with that bumper extension. Imagine what equipment they could buy with that money. I guess the neighboring fire department only has one Q & one bell on their unit.

Comment

Originally posted by neiowa
                              We don't buy firetrucks of good days. You spec/buy for that rare BAD day when you need 2000gpm and don't have time to order a different truck.

So where does all that crap on the front bumper come into that bad day when there is work to be done? Or perhaps there is some actual firefighting equipment that might be useful.
                              No kidding. The whackers that deigned this are pathetic.
                              They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X