MDT (Mobile Data Terminal) Location Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDT (Mobile Data Terminal) Location Ideas

Anyone out there have photos of a Data 911 brand 12" MDT Display which is in front of the Officer's position? In particular, the plan is to mount it on a slide out tray that brings it towards the Officer for ease of use and also to try and not block the Driver's vision of the RH side using the mirrors.

I'm looking for photos/ideas on how this size/model would look with respect to allowing the Driver good RH side visibility with a Ramco door mounted bus style mirror.

Thanks

Hi, I work for a computer company that is the Northeast distributor for Data911.

Unfortunatly I don't have any pictures right now but we are in the process of installing 35 for Manchester NH. I know that Orange ****y FL at one time had them in all their trucks.

These computers are most commonly installed in Ford Crown Vics therfore the mounting is designed around them. As you have probably figured out by now, computers of any kind can be difficult to mount in a fire truck as there are many possible configurations.

Gamber-Johnson has many options for pedestal mounts. There are amounts available that will allow the display to fold down flat the doghouse.

If you would like to contact me at my office I can assist you with some other options.

Brian
    [email protected]
    The only real training for leadership is leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by SAFETEK
      Anyone out there have photos of a Data 911 brand 12" MDT Display which is in front of the Officer's position? In particular, the plan is to mount it on a slide out tray that brings it towards the Officer for ease of use and also to try and not block the Driver's vision of the RH side using the mirrors.

I'm looking for photos/ideas on how this size/model would look with respect to allowing the Driver good RH side visibility with a Ramco door mounted bus style mirror.

Thanks

OK what brand and type of apparatus are you using and going to installed MDC's in? That is a big help to know.
      OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
      343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Comment

MDT Mounting

Your right sorry about that. It's going to be a Spartan Gladiator LFD 10" Raised Roof cab with the Extreme Duty Interior with a flat MDT dash plate above the glove box in front of the Officer's position.

Thanks

Comment

We had a tray custom made for ours. We goofed up by not having the screen on a fold down bracket, but other than that it works well. I don't have a pic of it mounted in the rig right now, but here's the pic of the tray.

Comment

MDT Ideas

Chauffer 6 Thanks and any chance of getting a photo of it in the apparatus in front of the officer's position with someone sitting in the seat and perhaps a pic from the LH side facing to the RH side to see if the Driver's visibility of the RH door mirror is compromised?

I know I'm asking a lot but would like to do the pre-engineering before just doing and going OOPS!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SAFETEK
              Chauffer 6 Thanks and any chance of getting a photo of it in the apparatus in front of the officer's position with someone sitting in the seat and perhaps a pic from the LH side facing to the RH side to see if the Driver's visibility of the RH door mirror is compromised?

I know I'm asking a lot but would like to do the pre-engineering before just doing and going OOPS!

Thanks
              I'll work on that for you. Just FYI, they're mounted in Pierce Lance II cabs (the pre-Lance 2000 series).

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X