Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomwnh
    replied
    Ferrara builds their own cab and chassis, Inferno and Igniter. Very nice cabs although a little expensive. They do use a Ferrara logo'ed HME P2 cab and chassis for their STAT program truck line. They will build on any HME or Spartan chassis also.

Leave a comment:

• meteoman
    replied
    Sutphen

Sutphen will build on a Spartan.
    http://www.sutphen.com/Sutphen%20gal...llwood0504.jpg

Leave a comment:

• NewJerseyFFII
    replied
    Originally posted by skipatrol8
    I know that at one point you could get an e-one body on atleast a spartan cab, dunno about HME. do any other manufactuerers that make their own custom cabs allow super commercials?

Also--are there any advantages/disadvangtages between a super commercial and a "custom."

just curious
    Kme Fire Apparatus will build a pumper , aerial , rescue , tanker , on a Spartan chassis at a extra cost to the buyer !.

Leave a comment:

• WCENG23
    replied
    Ferrara cab and chassis are actually manufactured by HME for them with one of them having their own cab.

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    replied
    Originally posted by skipatrol8
    I know that at one point you could get an e-one body on atleast a spartan cab, dunno about HME. do any other manufactuerers that make their own custom cabs allow super commercials?

Also--are there any advantages/disadvangtages between a super commercial and a "custom."

just curious
    Ferrara as previously mentioned will do it, and I've seen KME build on Spartans. I may be incorrect, but you could (and I still think can) get an ALF (well, RD Murray body) on a Spartan.

E-One will still do their bodies on Spartan for certain, I know of one coming for a Chicago suburb in about a month.

The Super Commercial name was given initially to their entry level line of custom cab pumpers, and the way E-One could do this was to use an entry level Spartan which was cheaper to use than an E-One built cab. However, I know that E-One will put their bodies on higher end Spartan chassis as well.

Ed can probably verify this as well, but I'm certain there have been Sutphens put on Spartan chassis, though just because they've done it doesn't mean they'll do it again.

As far as what is better, some folks think a Spartan chassis is superior to other custom chassis offered, some don't. I kind of respect a body builder that understands that while you may like their bodies, you don't necessarily want to be force fed their chassis.
    Last edited by npfd801; 10-10-2006, 03:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• skipatrol8
    replied
    yes...

but i didnt think that fort gary or spencer manufactured custom cabs..

Leave a comment:

• Sta22BeaverCoPA
    replied
    Fort Garry Fire Apparatus and Spencer Fire Apparatus will use Spartan

Leave a comment:

• dano8696
    replied
    Yes, ferrara does on hme and spartan...

Leave a comment:

• skipatrol8
    started a topic Super Commercial

Super Commercial

just curious

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X