Pierce 105' HD Ladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierce 105' HD Ladder

Any member or firefighter know the " overall travel length " of a Pierce 105' HD truck company aerial " No pump -or- tank ". And also the travel height !..Thanks,
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 03-10-2007, 12:47 PM.

Just shy of 40' overall length and 11.5' height. Keep in mind, those numbers are with a short Dash chassis, so it will vary somewhat using any other chassis and options like extended bumpers. The only way to get the exact numbers specific to any particular chassis and body setup is to check with a dealer, obviously.

Comment

Ours is 42'6", that is with bumper extended out to match the hangover of the ladder. Ours has pump/tank, however I believe the ladder dictates the length, I know ours is minimum length to accomodate the 105' ladder, the pump house added no length. Our overall height is 11'2", however it is a 1998 on an Arrow Chassis, none of the current chassis' are as low profile as the original Arrow, to my knowledge anyway. I also agree that about 11' 5' or 6" will be your minimum height.

Comment

If you take a look at glickfire.com, they have alot of good reference drawings on their apparatus deliveries. Don't believe they have any posted with no pump/tank, but I think you'll still be in the ball park for dimensions.

Comment

i'm not sure as to how long ours is but the height of ours('02 Dash) is 11'4.75"(marked 11'5")

Comment

To : Todd3603

Originally posted by todd3603
            If you take a look at glickfire.com, they have alot of good reference drawings on their apparatus deliveries. Don't believe they have any posted with no pump/tank, but I think you'll still be in the ball park for dimensions.
            I took a look at the glick web site, they had drawings of two Pierce 105' ladders. One unit was ( 40'-2" , 11'-6" ) the other truck was ( 42'-4", 11'-9" ). I do not understand why the O.A.L. is 2FT longer on one of the 105' ladders? Also the glick web site has a lot of information on demo apparatus for sale !..

Comment

Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII
              I took a look at the glick web site, they had drawings of two Pierce 105' ladders. One unit was ( 40'-2" , 11'-6" ) the other truck was ( 42'-4", 11'-9" ). I do not understand why the O.A.L. is 2FT longer on one of the 105' ladders? Also the glick web site has a lot of information on demo apparatus for sale !..
              The longer truck (Brookline) has a Storz connecter in the rear, adding 5" to the OAL as well as an 18" limited retraction on the fly section of the aerial. There's your 2' right there.

Comment

Thanks for the information on the extra 24" of apparatus !..

Comment

Milwaukee Ladder

491.00 O.A.L. = 40' - 11.00"

Height = 11' - 4.50"

information from drawing of Milwaukke Ladder 9, job#15932
                  Last edited by TimWilson; 10-15-2006, 03:59 PM. Reason: add information

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X