Crimson Vs. American Lafrance Vs. Darley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ledebuhr1 View Post
    Our local FD bought 2 Crimson custom pumpers in 2005 for $293k each. One is being replaced soon by Crimson because of a lot of "issues". Dealer for Crimson said Chichago FD has had the same problem. anyone know if its true?
    Can you elaborate on the "issues"?

Comment

I know the motor, pump and some electrical problems. I wish I new more specifically. They ordered two and the one is perfect the other has lots of bugs. They were identicall trucks too.

I think some of the issues where supplier related and some where Crimsons fault. Crimson must have felt it was enough to build them a new truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ledebuhr1 View Post
        I know the motor, pump and some electrical problems. I wish I new more specifically. They ordered two and the one is perfect the other has lots of bugs. They were identicall trucks too.

I think some of the issues where supplier related and some where Crimsons fault. Crimson must have felt it was enough to build them a new truck.
        I guess at least Crimson are not running away from the issues, its good to see they are coming to the party and building a new rig, In all the websites and forums you don't often see many complaints about Crimson, I could be wrong though ?

Comment

Originally posted by toolhog View Post
          Hey ramfire42, when is your delivery date? We were told feb 8 of 08, said it could be sooner if they started up there other paint booth and add another shift, we place our order in nov of 06.

It started out with a aug 07 date and is now early december 07.
          YOU ONLY NEED TO BE STUPID ONCE TO BE DEAD FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by RFDACM02 View Post
            Of you guys with dealy issues, how many had penalty clasues? We were convinced the penalty clause just added costs. What a mistake! We had a slight delay on our tower, but in the end it was still less than 12 months between the contract and the delivery. Any new purchases will include a penalty. Otherwise anyone can basically lie about the delivery at bid time and screw you later. Most of us can't can the project 7 months into it and go to another builder on a custom project. If our tower was a stock truck, we would have condisered it based on principle. So far though I'm very happy we got what we did.
            We do have a penalty on our truck of 240 days. After that it is $100.00 per day since it is an afg truck. By my projection this will equal a $11,000.00 refund. (SWEET)

Comment

ALF Rumors !

There are rumors out that ALF/LTI will start building Aerials at the new plant in S.C. !...
              Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 10-11-2007, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
                There are rumors out that ALF/LTI will start building Aerials at the new plant in S.C. !...
                Jersey,

That's exactly what they are RUMORS. If you really believe that hold your breath. Better yet I got a bridge I want to sell you if you believe that. LOL!!!!!

Now getting serious where and from whom are you hearing this from?????

I would really like to know!

Chief1FF

Comment

Originally posted by Chief1FF View Post
                  Jersey,

That's exactly what they are RUMORS. If you really believe that hold your breath. Better yet I got a bridge I want to sell you if you believe that. LOL!!!!!

Now getting serious where and from whom are you hearing this from?????

I would really like to know!

Chief1FF
                  The rumor was told to me by a firefighter at the N.J. Conv. in Wildwood, N.J. Also there is a photo of the new Aerial Manufacturing building on the ALF web site. Maybe the new plant will build the " Body & Chassis " only for Aerial apparatus ????
                  Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 10-24-2007, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
                    The rumor was told to me by a firefighter at the N.J. Conv. in Wildwood, N.J. Also there is a photo of the new Aerial Manufacturing building on the ALF web site. Maybe someone from the ALF plant can post more information !..
                    That's some funny sh*t!

I believe the caption means that the photo was shot from the air.... good one though.... I don't think you'll ever see aerials made in SC...but I guess you never know...the fire truck business is a weird and wacky place!

Comment

Originally posted by canuck1 View Post
                      That's some funny sh*t!

I believe the caption means that the photo was shot from the air.... good one though.... I don't think you'll ever see aerials made in SC...but I guess you never know...the fire truck business is a weird and wacky place!
                      We can only hope that ALF/LTI stays in Pa, they do a great job building Ladders !

Comment

What is odd about both ALF and Crimson is that the mfg is split between two main locations. Aerials here, pumpers there, HQ over there. I am not saying it doesn't work but someone needs to explain that to me sometime. TL

Comment

Originally posted by SSIaerialmanTIM View Post
                          What is odd about both ALF and Crimson is that the mfg is split between two main locations. Aerials here, pumpers there, HQ over there. I am not saying it doesn't work but someone needs to explain that to me sometime. TL
                          I don't think it would make any sense for ALF to pick up the aerial plant and move it to another location...when you move a plant - you lose your people....and people are what makes the company what it is.... That's not to say that you couldn't find a welder / plumber / electrician of comparable skills, but rather, you could not replace the experience on that particluar product easily.

Its no secret that ALF's aerial division is the formerly known LTI - if you attempted to move LTI to South Carolina, it would hardly be LTI anymore. It is for this reason that when ALF moved into its brand new factory, it was only one or 2 exits down the highway. They retained almost all of their staff. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Comment

question

Hey guys on a penalty clause of a hundred dollars a day,does that money go back to AFG? Where looking at 15,000 refund.

Comment

Originally posted by toolhog View Post
                              Hey guys on a penalty clause of a hundred dollars a day,does that money go back to AFG? Where looking at 15,000 refund.
                              It depends how much your truck cost. In my case, we were awarded a $250,000.00 grant. We purchased a truck for around $275,000.00 since we had $25,000.00 of our own money in the truck (not counting our 5% match)the refund will come to the fire dept.

ALF has offered my dept three options.
                              1. cash refund.
                              2. reduction in the total ballance.
                              3. The dollar amount of the pentalty in upgrades.

If you go below the dollar amount of your grant you may have to give money back. Check with your regional grant support for your options.

What is your vehicle? Ours is a ALF Liberty flat roof, 1250gpm pump, 2500 gall tank on a tandum axle.

Comment

Alf

Ours is a liberty custom flat roof, 1250 pump hale qflow, 3000 gallon pumper tanker, roll up doors, electric side dumps, rear manual, it will have ladders,and 3000 galloon drop tank, six man cab. cumins 400 hp

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X