X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • canuck1
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2005

New ALF Condor 4 door

Anyone get a chance to see the new ALF 4 door Condor Chassis Prototype? I heard it was in Dallas last week, and would love to see some pictures if anyone has any. I'm told it is meant to bridge the price gap bewteen a commerical and custom chassis.
  • fire2eagle
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2005

Here is a link to apicture from another board, it is the only picture I have seen so far.

Don't hold your breathe waiting for anything on the American LaFrance website, they haven't even posted a picture of the LED lighting system for the 110ft Aerial shown at FDIC. ALF also introduce a new 75ft model Aerial in Dallas, this and the Condor 4 door have not even been mentioned on the ALF website, let alone any pictures. For some reason they do not post news related pictures.

Comment

• mtnfireguy
      MembersZone Subscriber
      • Sep 1999

Isn't the condor an endangered species
      Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
      "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Comment

• Chauffeur6

Looks like a Ferrara to me.

Comment

• REVANANT
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2002

Looks more like the recycle truck. Most likely because it seems to share some components with the Freightliner Condor. http://www.freightlinertrucks.com/tr...-model/condor/

Larry

Comment

• chiefengineer11
            Forum Member
            • May 2006

It's something ALF designed but I guesss could never quite get to fly in the fire service.

It went with ALF when they split from Freightliner. ALF is marketing them to the trash packer business. I have a friend (ex-member) who sells trash trucks. He tells me that they're very highly regarded in that industry. Could it be that they've found their home?

Isn't there a truck that was donated to FDNY on one?

Stay safe out there, everyone goes home!

Comment

• dano8696
              MembersZone Subscriber
              • Mar 2005

here it is

Comment

• pocambu
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2005

I am assuming (we all know what that means) by the Rescue 6 designation it is maybe a spare?

Comment

• skipatrol8
                  Forum Member
                  • Apr 2006

freightliner

this, i believewas not designed by ALF, as it has been used in several other applications, including a tanker and rescue. I am sure they had a hand in designing the 4 door, though. Of course ALF is owned by freightliner, so its all pretty much the same. it used to be a commercial chassis on the freightliner website.

Comment

• Chauffeur6

Originally posted by pocambu
                    I am assuming (we all know what that means) by the Rescue 6 designation it is maybe a spare?
                    The rig was donated by Freightliner/ALF after 9/11 and dubbed the "Spirit of Oklahoma". It was/is a spare unit but was pressed into service as R6 for two of the three months in 2004 during the Republican National Convention thru to the elections (Aug 2 - Nov 2), and was regraphiced accordingly. R6 ran as primary rescue company (except for SCUBA runs) south of 23rd St. during those three months from the quarters of L20. The unit was being used by R5 as a spare the first month R6 went into operation, so they used the donated 2002 Mack/General Safety rig prior to the ALF.

Picture of it without the R6 lettering:

Comment

• REVANANT
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2002

Any word on how it's held up ? I know some of the other "trial" rigs didn't hold up that well.

Comment

• BVFD1983
                        MembersZone Subscriber
                        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by skipatrol8
                        Of course ALF is owned by freightliner, so its all pretty much the same.
                        ALF has been owned by Patriarch Partners for almost a year.
                        FTM - PTB

Comment

• canuck1
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2005

the idea

The Condor is a commerical chassis that American LaFrance designed when it was part of the Freightliner Group. When Freightliner sold ALF to Patriarch, ALF took the Condor with them. If you look closely at the Condor interior, you will notice some similarities to the ALF custom Eagle and Metropolitan cabs.

The condor is still distributed as a commercial chassis through select "Condor" dealers.

ALF has decided to explore the idea of evolving the Condor to a 4 door design, that could be marketed specifically to fire services. I understand they brought it to Dallas to get some customer feedback. Apparantly, it is not available to the masses yet. The unit in Dallas was a Prototype.

The idea is to have a product that will be priced somewhere between a Conventional Commerical Cab (Freightliner M2), and an entry level Custom (Metropolitan)

Due to the Low Overall height, I think it would make a nice aerial chassis as well.

Comment

• jfTL41
                            MembersZone Subscriber
                            • Nov 2002

That rig has seen more firehouse time than most of the E-one saulsburys that are assigned to the companies. R4 had it for quite some time after their accident and it has been a long term spare for a while. In a perfect world it would be R6 or R7 however it is needed more often than expected to be a first line unit.

Comment

• nyckftbl
                              Forum Member
                              • May 2004

It was also put into service the night of the fatal fire in the Bronx.
                              Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...