Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wfd1102
    replied
    I was at pierce Monday the 9th and here is some current pics of the new rescue truck for your enjoyment. Email me at [email protected] if you want them. They are too big to post here.

Leave a comment:

• NewJerseyFFII
    replied
    I think your right!

Leave a comment:

• NYSmokey
    replied
    Originally posted by npfd801
    Isn't that a special Third Watch designation? I believe the rig saw use on the show...
    Wasn't that SQUAD 55???? Maybe their decal person can't spell

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    replied
    Isn't that a special Third Watch designation? I believe the rig saw use on the show...

Leave a comment:

• skipatrol8
    replied
    Swat

what is SWAT--never seen that designation. is that an HP pumper?

Leave a comment:

• NewJerseyFFII
    replied
    Ferrara Fire Apparatus is selling there F.D.N.Y. demo engine for a price tag of $ 358,000 .
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 03-04-2007, 09:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jfTL41
    replied
    in that range, search the city records online and you can see the contract awards for the actual figure I think it's a little less though.

Leave a comment:

• NewJerseyFFII
    replied
    To:jfTL41

Originally posted by jfTL41
    Hopefully it works out, if for nothing else the competition will force the Mfgrs to sharpen their pencils.
    Do you know how much money the FDNY is spending on a Seagrave pumper ?Maybe about $ 350,000 each ?

Leave a comment:

• jfTL41
    replied
    Hopefully it works out, if for nothing else the competition will force the Mfgrs to sharpen their pencils.

Leave a comment:

• NewJerseyFFII
    replied
    Originally posted by oldestwiseowl
    Just received a reply from the Pierce dealership via email:

Subj: RE: fdny and pierce
    Date: 9/22/2006 7:48:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time
    To: [email protected]
    Received from Internet: click here for more information

I hesitate to answer questions without a name, but we have nothing to hide so here goes?..

We will be attending the pre bid conference for the 69 pumper order on October 11th.

The Arrow XT is available in a two door which just happens to be similar to the lance. Not too hard to make a split tilt arrow.

Pierce no longer offers the AWS option.

Peter Hanratty

President and Chief Operating Officer

Firematic Truck Sales Inc
    It will be nice to see other apparatus builders bid on FDNY pumpers, not only Seagrave fire apparatus . They are always very close on there bidding , maybe a $ 10 k difference between Pierce & Seagrave. I am a big fan of the Arrow XT chassis , it is a HD hard wired, all metal dash, no plastic, HD air cond & heating, all work no play chassis!...
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 09-24-2006, 10:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Resq14
    replied
    Finally! Some pics! Thanks for the links...

Leave a comment:

• Taz288
    replied
    Firematic has been servicing FDNY's hurst tools since Firematic became the area's Hurst tool dealer. Firematic does a lot more than just sell Pierce trucks

Leave a comment:

• Taz288
    replied
    Firematic has been servicing FDNY's hurst tools since Firematic became the area's Hurst tool dealer. Firematic does a lot more than just sell Pierce trucks

Some images of the new Rescue 1

[ftp]http://www.firematic.com/trucksnew/fdny/[/ftp]

FDNY New York, New York
    Many people do not realize that Firematic has had a service based working relationship with FDNY for over 30 years. With that in mind that we are proud to have received an order (via GSA - model 289) for a new Pierce Arrow XT HDR for FDNY Rescue 1. We know we would not have been given their opportunity to work with FDNY on this project had we not earned their confidence during our past endeavors.

Yes, everyone knows Pierce is the leader in the industry, and yes it is easy to highlight the advantages of the Pierce Arrow XT chassis. But in the end, this project is all about providing key solutions to problems as identified by FDNY. This particular rig has over 270 customized options just for FDNY.

Firematic is a seasoned apparatus service provider. We are one of only five companies in the United States to have achieved platinum battalion sales and service levels. Still providing a rig to FDNY RESCUE 1 is an apparatus dealer's Super Bowl.

People talk about "war" stories in this industry all the time. Well ... no where are there more stories than FDNY. These stories provide a road map to success. We can utilize the previous experiences of the FDNY technical services group as a bench mark, and provide components that FDNY has specified and feels are best in class.

Stay tuned ... we will be unveiling the actual finished product here on Firematic.com. At that time we will provide complete details and specifications for those interested.

These are many rumors floating around regarding this project. If you have a direct question feel free to e-mail [ftp][email protected][/ftp]. We will make sure you get the straight scoop!

Leave a comment:

• oldestwiseowl
    replied
    Future prospects of Pierce and the FDNY

Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII
    On the Firematic web site they say that they have been working with the FDNY for over 30 years ? How many Pierce vehicles are in service in new york city!...

Just received a reply from the Pierce dealership via email:

Subj: RE: fdny and pierce
    Date: 9/22/2006 7:48:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time
    To: [email protected]
    Received from Internet: click here for more information

I hesitate to answer questions without a name, but we have nothing to hide so here goes?..

We will be attending the pre bid conference for the 69 pumper order on October 11th.

The Arrow XT is available in a two door which just happens to be similar to the lance. Not too hard to make a split tilt arrow.

Pierce no longer offers the AWS option.

Peter Hanratty

President and Chief Operating Officer

Firematic Truck Sales Inc

Leave a comment:

• NewJerseyFFII
    replied
    Originally posted by QFL313
    Well it’s confirmed…. I was searching the internet today and found pictures of the new Rescue 1 being built. Check this link, its for Firematic Supply the long island Pierce dealer who sold the unit. www.firematic.com . Looks pretty good, can’t wait to see how it holds up. There’s nothing about delivery time but it looks close.
    On the Firematic web site they say that they have been working with the FDNY for over 30 years ? How many Pierce vehicles are in service in new york city!...

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X