No announcement yet.

Pierce & the F.D.N.Y.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The purpose isn't really to check the fluids it is so they can do major maintenance and repairs if necesary in quarters. For example fix a broken turbo gasket or whatever.
    I know. The statement was to say that you CAN check and add fluids with out tilting the cab.
    This space for rent

Comment

2000 gpm pumpers will become the standard pumper, not the 2000 with the foam system that sat. companies have now, just what we have now with a 2000 gpm pump. Fixed Cabs are out, not to accomodate any manufacturers, so please put your conspiracy theories to bed, the rigs in the new spec will be split tilt cabs, primarily because the current seating config wont work with the PSS and the 2007 emissions (no room for people between the motor and door. The order will not be for 100, they will be around 80 at the end of a 4 year build out.
      The 2000 gpm is more for a doomsday situation in conjunction with the pipeline system that is in the works, not for everyday ops and will not affect operations. Also look for lightweight suction like the rest of the world has and a new 10' "soft suction" to replace the 3.5 ten footer.
      The cab has also grown to from 94 to 96 inches. (That being the only concession to manufacturers requests (all manufacturers)
      As for the maufacturers building demo rigs for the FDNY, that must be a VERY well protected secret.

Comment

Straight from the Horse's ***. Oops, mouth.
        Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

WOW! Get back in the sink and STFU!

Comment

engines

Still using the Detroit Series 50 4 - cylendar motors? I dont think they will push 2000GPM

Comment

Originally posted by jfTL41
              WOW! Get back in the sink and STFU!
              Sink? I heard they dont even have a kitchen down by you!
              Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

Sounds like the fdny will be ordering 80 Seagrave Marauder II split tilt cabs built from " STAINLESS STEEL" with a saftey cage 96" wide cab. There are rumors that " Pierce " will stop building the LANCE split tilt cab after 2006 ? Maybe " SUTPHEN " will bid the job with there split tilt cab chassis !...
                Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 09-18-2006, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Here it is, right from the best possible source of information on FDNY apparatus. He is a certain Batallion Chief. If you are even the slightest apparatus buff, you probably know who he is. If you dont, don't ask because I am not telling. Here is what I wrote to him and his reply (with one line deleted):

In a message dated 9/18/2006 9:58:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, xxxxxx writes:

Tell me about FDNY and Pierce????

FDNY has purchased one heavy rescue from Pierce off the GSA schedule. It is due in December and will go to Rescue 1. That is it. All the other rumors are BS. Purchasing off the GSA schedule, as you know, has limited options. We could not purchase pumpers or ladder trucks that meet our specs that way.
                  "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff
                    Here it is, right from the best possible source of information on FDNY apparatus. He is a certain Batallion Chief. If you are even the slightest apparatus buff, you probably know who he is. If you dont, don't ask because I am not telling. Here is what I wrote to him and his reply (with one line deleted):

In a message dated 9/18/2006 9:58:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, xxxxxx writes:

Tell me about FDNY and Pierce????

FDNY has purchased one heavy rescue from Pierce off the GSA schedule. It is due in December and will go to Rescue 1. That is it. All the other rumors are BS. Purchasing off the GSA schedule, as you know, has limited options. We could not purchase pumpers or ladder trucks that meet our specs that way.
                    That is why I say the F.D.N.Y. will be getting 80 new Seagrave Marauder II pumpers , I talked to a " EVT " at Seagrave sales & service two weeks ago why picking up our truck from there service yard. He said that things are pretty good between seagrave and the city of New York and that the apparatus down time has gotten much better on repairs, and new aerials & towers have been delivered !...
                    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 09-19-2006, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FD1976
                      Still using the Detroit Series 50 4 - cylendar motors? I dont think they will push 2000GPM
                      Push 2000gpm! they can hardly move the rig. The 50's are done, what's out there is out there, the new rigs have been coming in with Series 60 430hp, a couple of Cats and Cummins ISM's for eval.

Comment

As for the R1 rig being scheduled for December, it was scheduled for August, then Sept, then October... Maybe if they had built it right the first time...

Comment

The new 2006 fdny Aerialscopes have a Series 60 430 hp engines!

Comment

According to the specs for the new 2000 gpm pumpers the engines will be 14 liter, 470 horsepower, Detroit Diesel 60 series or equivalent, turbo charged and fully computer controlled.

That is quite the motor for an engine company.

Just for reference my volly FD received a new rescue engine this year with a 2000 gpm single stage Hale Q-max pump, class A foam system and 1000 gallons of water and it has a 370 HP Cummins engine. Believe me this thing has no trouble moving right along.

My career FD has a 1250 gpm single stage pumper on order with a class A foam system and 750 gallons of water and it has a 450 HP enigne. I can't remember the brand but I believe it too is a Cummins.

FyredUp
                            Crazy, but that's how it goes
                            Millions of people living as foes
                            Maybe it's not too late
                            To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII
                              The new 2006 fdny Aerialscopes have a Series 60 430 hp engines!
                              No, the 75' TLs have higher HP, the 430's are for future purchase of Engines, the 95' have Cummins ISM's.

Comment

jftl41....

No, the 75' TLs have higher HP, the 430's are for future purchase of Engines, the 95' have Cummins ISM's
                                Is this for the "standard" 1000 gpm pumpers? Because what I have seen indicates a 470 HP engine for the 2000 gpm pumpers.

FyredUp
                                Crazy, but that's how it goes
                                Millions of people living as foes
                                Maybe it's not too late
                                To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse