No announcement yet.

Pierce's New Velocity And Impel Chasis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I loosing it ?> I didnt see any videos.........?
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

The Impel kinda looks like an ALF Liberty if you ask me.

And the Velocity? Put the pump panel in a roll up compartment and you have the starts of an E-One Daytona. How many of those did they sell last year?

Comment

the nose reminds me of a Grumman step van.

Comment

Ugh, the more and more I look at these new cabs AND realize that they're killing off the Lance/Dash cabs, the more sick to my stomach I get. I've been a lifelong fan of Pierce, if for no other and better reason than every one our dept has ever owned has been rock solid reliable AND looked good at the same time. When they reworked the Lance/Dash chassis back in the late 90s for the 2000 series, I thought it was a good move to modernize them and found no fault. Mainly because they managed to keep the beloved design of them while modernizing the interior and electronics. I've never had an issue with the Command Zone system, it works just fine on our rigs, but it was really nice to see Pierce come out with the Arrow XT chassis to give depts a choice. Now, sadly, they're shoving this modern look down our throats. This is an absolute nightmare come true for anyone who hated the Quantum chassis and wondered how long until the rest of the lineup looked like them. I suspect sales of the already venerable Arrow XT chassis will SKYROCKET, watch and see. I don't know, maybe they will catch on, but I'm not convinced. There are people like me who have never taken issue or offense with too many changes Pierce has made, save for the Quantum, which never grew on us and neither will these. Pierce is (was) supposed to be about CHOICES, and now that has been whittled down to just four choices, with the Arrow XT the only non-modern looking chassis. Realistically it's down to two choices, the modern Quantum/Velocity/Impel or the traditional Arrow XT. What a seismic shift this is, and in my opinion, a giant one backwards. They most certainly could've reworked the Lance/Dash to fit the 07 engines in them. If they could update them as much as they did with the 2000 series, there's no reason they couldn't have now. While I don't think that looks are a legitimate criteria for spec'ing a truck, we all know the reality is that it does play a large part. I think Pierce just lost themselves a good junk of the market by taking away choices. It wouldn't shock me to see a return of the Lance/Dash design in the near future as sales dip and Pierce hopefully realizes what a colossal error they've made. It's truly a sad day for many Pierce aficionados.

Comment

Originally posted by PierceGuru
            leaves no doubt who the innovator of the fire truck industry is !!!
            Yes. I agree. Seagrave HAS done a nice job for the last 125 years, havn't they?
            "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Chauffer6- Yes, its true. Dash and Lance are being replaced.

Oldest- Believe me I am qualified to speak on this.

Res343cue- The Arrow has the electrical system you are looking for.

Other style mirroirs are also available as shown in the Impel picture above.

Comment

well...

...i could see them maybe replacing the saber chassis, didnt look like a big seller. what was the difference between the dash and the lance? The velocity doesnt look too bad, and i like the mirrors, which were started by spartan i believe. the imple is downright ugly. i can not believe they would replace the dash and lance, which have been good sellers for quite some time. does the powerarc on the veocity mean that thats what pierce will offer "standard" you know like the ALF intergrated lightbar? In my mind this solidifies who the best chassis manufactuer is---spartan motors.

Comment

Just not a fan of the "snoopy" bus mirrors!

Comment

Originally posted by skipatrol8
                    what was the difference between the dash and the lance?
                    Basically, the tilt type and the size. Functionally equivalent otherwise.

Dash = full tilt, 130" - 150", shorter crew cab (bottom of rear doors cut out over front wheel wells)

Lance = split tilt, 140" - 167", longer crew cab (full width rear doors), available as an 88" two door option, a full command cab and a walk thru option to the body

Comment

You feel certain..........

Originally posted by sven73
                      Chauffer6- Yes, its true. Dash and Lance are being replaced.

Oldest- Believe me I am qualified to speak on this.

Res343cue- The Arrow has the electrical system you are looking for.

Other style mirroirs are also available as shown in the Impel picture above.
                      Dear fellow forum member sven 73:
                      earlier I stated that I would wait to hear from some authorized source of these alleged developments:
                      Everyone on here so far is buying these as gospel

You are urging me to belive you...
                      Prey tell me from whence cometh your info?

Do you have an insider source?

Later today I will venture into hostile territory where I am unwelcome to try to touch base with a Pierce mechanic and ask.

That should clue me in.

If I get some solid replies I will better be able to analyze what has and is happening.

Till then I personally will withold analysis.

Comment

Just A Thouhgt

The Other Chassis' Are Going Away Because They Had No Room In Them When They Were Forced To Redeisgn Them. Remember The Emissions Standards Have Changed And They Probably Could Not Rework All Of Their Chassis' For The New Engines, It Would Have Left Little Room For The Guys Riding In The Truck. I Think This Was A Forced "innovation". Look At The New Ones, The Front End Protrudes Out More. They Do One Hell Of A Job Marketing Their Product Though. Just A Thought Though, I Could Be Wrong.........

Comment

Originally posted by oldestwiseowl
                          Dear fellow forum member sven 73:
                          earlier I stated that I would wait to hear from some authorized source of these alleged developments:
                          Everyone on here so far is buying these as gospel

You are urging me to belive you...
                          Prey tell me from whence cometh your info?

Do you have an insider source?

Later today I will venture into hostile territory where I am unwelcome to try to touch base with a Pierce mechanic and ask.

That should clue me in.

If I get some solid replies I will better be able to analyze what has and is happening.

Till then I personally will withold analysis.
                          I have a sneaking suspicion that sven (nor anyone else here) really doesn't care if you believe him or not.

Comment

a pathetic attempt....

[QUOTE=Chauffer6]I have a sneaking suspicion that sven (nor anyone else here) really doesn't care if you believe him or not. [/QUOE]

sven and others dont need YOU to act as spokesman for them

if they dont care about another forum members reasonable position then THEY can voice their own opinions

Your presumptuousness is born of the hatred and malicious disposition that eats at you from top to bottom

you have taken erroneous positions on here only to be made to appear as a fool like the hoax about eone and all spartan chassis

now i say i am taking a conservative approach on the pierce issue
                            anything wrong with that?
                            yes
                            its wrong to u because its me who is saying it
                            u dont stomach anything i say
                            u r determined to detract from everything i say
                            u r a viscious example of humanity
                            no amount of positives will offset ur serious flaws
                            any open-minded person can see that u r here to follow me around on every thread to downgrade me to prop up ur sad sagging ego
                            Last edited by oldestwiseowl; 09-15-2006, 10:59 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Enforcer, Dash and Lance gone?

It is my understanding that the Enforcer, Dash and Lance cabs are gone ( or soon to be phased out) with the Velocity and Impel. I would think that with the 2007 emissions standards and all of the necessary equipment that is required, that a new chassis was required. In 2010 there is yet another emissions requirment change. I think that Pierce is just looking forward to try and meet the needs of the customers (firefighters) and meeting the EPA requirments and in the future.

The new mirrors are ugly, but they may be useful once sitting in the drivers seat. Maybe the bus industry knows something the fireservice does not. The new style mirrors remind of some mirrors that I have seen on vehicles in Europe. I would hope Pierce offers other options then the ones shown on the show vehicles.

I think there are some nice features with both chassis'. I know alot of people are always talking about perfomance, features, options, etc on custom chassis'; weather it is from Pierce, Spartan, HME, E-One, etc. I guess this is why there so many manufactures for departments to make. As far as styling goes, If you think about it , there are only so many ways to radius, chamfer, blend, etc the edges of a retangular cab. I guess we will have to wait and see the chassis upfront, kick the tires, sit and the seats and then make a decision for your self if you like the new chassis's or not.

Comment

Originally posted by oldestwiseowl
                                any open-minded person can see that u r here to follow me around on every thread to downgrade me to prop up ur sad sagging ego
                                Yes, you got me! I've been a member here since December 2000 just WAITING and HOPING you would join so I could "follow (you) around"!

Please stop derailing threads with your ridiculous diatribes. You already said you weren't a firefighter, correct? Just some kind of uberbuff? All in all, that would be just fine, but you act like such a chool that it really makes me (and others) wonder just what you hope to accomplish being here.
                                Last edited by Chauffer6; 09-15-2006, 11:25 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X