kme quint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kme quint

I know that I have once seen a picture of a quint with 6x6 drive used as an arff unit. Does anyone know of such a unit and have a picture of it?

Philly had one out at the airport in Engine 78, might try starting your search there. I know it got in a bad wreck, not sure if its in service or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Halligan84
      Philly had one out at the airport in Engine 78, might try starting your search there. I know it got in a bad wreck, not sure if its in service or not.
      Philly's was a 4x4 though, not a 6x6. Last I talked to a freind there, it's still OOS.
      A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Comment

I've got a couple pics of it on my PC...if I can figure out the picture attachment process I'll post them. Unit # on the side of the rig is F10...looks like a 60ft or so teleboom type aerial device on a 6x6 chassis.
        Attached Files

Comment

beastly

thats was looking for. any one else have an awd ladder?

Comment

Originally posted by skipatrol8
            I know that I have once seen a picture of a quint with 6x6 drive used as an arff unit. Does anyone know of such a unit and have a picture of it?
            There is a all wheel drive aerial ladder quint in use at Lake Tahoe, Ca !...

Comment

Originally posted by skipatrol8
              thats was looking for. any one else have an awd ladder?
              In 1958, F.W.D. built a 100' rearmount using a Geesink main and an F-series chassis/bodywork. Cant remember where it went.

In 1959, F.W.D. built a 65' Snorkel on an F-series chassis for Wyoming, Mi.
              "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/app...ail.jsp?id=293

Comment

Take a look at Carrabassett Maine's 4x6 HME/Metz under the Metz header in this section.A clean well thought out design.Sharp lookig rig too.The CV Chief is a sharp cookie and did a nice job on this one. T.C.

Comment

That is the kme truck I was talking about, thanks for the photo !..

Comment

Originally posted by JTFIRE80
                      Philly's was a 4x4 though, not a 6x6. Last I talked to a freind there, it's still OOS.

As with most KME's that Philly has. Another wasted effort to compete as a fire apparatus maker.
                      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer
                        As with most KME's that Philly has. Another wasted effort to compete as a fire apparatus maker.
                        Not defending KME in any way, but the reason it is out of service is due to the severe damage received when struck from behind by a tractor trailer while operating at the scene of another TT fire on I-95. They are still trying to figure out if it would be better to scrap it & start over again, (still determining if they can re-use the aerial & torque box) or use components & glider kit the whole thing..........???????
                        "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X