Pierce Arrow XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISM and the Arrow-XT

Not sure why the Cummins is still advertised for the Arrow-XT. I checked several back product bulletins and updates and can't find anything calling for the ISM in the Arrow-XT.

When the Arrow-XT product was launched, the ISM was part of the engine line-up, but for whatever reason it was never a populated option sent out to the sales force. With that said, I have never had a customer request a ISM in a Arrow-XT based rig.

I not aware of any major reason why the ISM could not be installed in the Arrow-XT, it could be that the low number of ISM engines sold overall vs the cost of engineering the installation in the chassis doesn't justifiy the expense of the option?

Tim Wilson
    Last edited by TimWilson; 09-07-2006, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Do you think that the " Arrow XT chassis " will become a top seller for pierce after they drop the " DASH & LANCE " from there lineup ?

Comment

I think it already has become one of their top sellers. There are a lot of depts out there that are still wary of the multiplexed cabs, and would rather have something tried and trued and built for no nonsense, dependable service. Not to say that Pierce's other chassis aren't dependable, but for many depts all the bells and whistles of the other cabs are either overkill or unaffordable for them.

If I had to guess going by the deliveries I've seen, I'd say that since the XT was introduced, the Dash is probably the top seller with the XT right behind it. The Enforcers are pretty popular also, especially since they're more or less just a medium duty Dash cab. The Lance is definitely at the low end of the scale, although of course at one time not so long ago they were the top sellers. Sales of the Lance really started to take a dive once the 2000 series cabs were introduced and the Dash was made functionally equivalent to the Lance, only the Dash was more compact without really sacrificing too much interior space. Quantum sales seem to be near the middle somewhere. I suspect most Saber cabs these days are sold packaged as a Contender Custom than anything else. I wouldn't mind seeing an actual annual count of chassis sold though, it would be interesting to see the trends.

But to answer your question, yes, I definitely do think sales will only increase once the other chassis are discontinued. Once the Lance and Dash are gone, the XT will assume the role of Pierce's top of the line traditional design cab.
        Last edited by Chauffer6; 09-24-2006, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Is the Pierce Arrow XT chassis lower in price than the Dash-or- Lance chassis because of the unit being hard wired , painted metal dash board, & interior door panels!...

Comment

Don't quote me, not a dealer or Pierce affiliate, however I believe the Arrow XT is about $1500 less than the dash.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X