Saulsbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saulsbury

I happened to be going through a bunch of photos I have of apparatus old and new in our county, and I came across a few of the beautiful Saulsburys and started feeling pretty melancholy. What a fantastic outfit they were. It was pretty sad being witness to the unceremonious demise of one of the premier body manufacturers of the past few decades.

Speaking of which, I can no longer find anything on E-One's site mentioning Saulsbury. Federal Signal still lists them under their Fire Group, but the site leads right back to E-One's site. Actually, that's not such a bad thing. Hopefully E-One has stopped soiling their good name once and for all, and they can rest in peace. It was tough going for a while there watching the junk E-One was putting out being passed off as a genuine Saulsbury work of art.

Sad to say you are right. The former glory has gone. Federal Signal was concerned about market share. They were missing out the stainless steel as Pierce was missing out the aluminum aerial. So the parents of the E-one and Pierce firms found ways to get a better piece of that pie. So now we have a great old firm absorbed into a mediocre one and a great firm forced to churn out mediocre units in Florida that have Saber cabs to fool the unwary into imagining they are getting Wisconsin quality at Florida prices! It is to laugh if it wasn't so sad that departments are duped all the time by these gimmicks.
    Last edited by oldestwiseowl; 08-28-2006, 12:27 AM. Reason: cap

Comment

If you go the E-one website look under the NEWS tab. Click on the new deliver tab, and that will take you to the page that shows the Saulsbury trucks. Sad to say but I hope it doesn't show all the trucks they make under the Saulsbury name.

Comment

Hmm, only 3 listed for 2006 and 2 of those 3 are built on Spartan chassis and all 3 listed for 2005 also built on Spartan chassis. How...bizarre.

Comment

I thought anything stainless coming from E-One was badged a Saulsbury. Is this the case, or am I wrong?
          "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

A FORMER E-ONE rep had said that it was a customer preference as to which nameplate or for that matter which cab would be used on a stainless steel product formerly Sauslbury now E-one unless it is requested that a Sauslbury nameplate be afixed. The real point though is all-aluminum=E-one specialty versus all stainless steel= Saulsbury specialty and NOT whose name goes on the rig.
            Last edited by oldestwiseowl; 08-28-2006, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Rumor has it, that Alan Saulsbury plans a comeback into the firefighting equipment market.........
              "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Are we talking beyond the Tempest Fireco light tower business?
                "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

Or Tempest Plastisol?

Comment

Originally posted by BlitzfireSolo
                    Or Tempest Plastisol?
                    Forgot about that... FDIC seems see long ago.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X