Ladder 8 cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladder 8 cost?

Just wondering if anyone has an idea of how much FDNY Ladder 8 costs? or approximate. My friend and I are in disagreement. I think it's much more than he does.

Link to the engine pic:

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/images/man...8/FDNYL008.jpg

What do ya think? thanks

A Seagrave 100' rear mount without a tank & pump around $ 625,000 - $ 675,000 at todays prices ?
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 08-26-2006, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII
      A Seagrave 100' rear mount without a tank & pump around $ 625,000 - $ 675,000 !...
      Add the fact that it is FDNY who usually buys in quantity, and I'd say drop another 25K-50K off of that.
      A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Comment

Wow. But understandable considering what it is and does and it capable of.

Comment

http://www.smpffa.com/single_pic.cfm...%2F%20Stations

this is $640,000.

Comment

Try $525K for that year rear mount.

Comment

Originally posted by ctxffman
              Your department got a great deal on the " Smeal " tower ladder , if it was a " Pierce -or- Seagrave add about $ 100,000 more for the name plate on the grill !...

Comment

Apple... meet orange. Not quite the same thing.

iluv4201

Comment

if memory severs me, a comparable Pierce on a Dash chassis was around $740,000.

apples, oranges, peaches, they're all fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Iluv4201
                    Apple... meet orange. Not quite the same thing.

iluv4201
                    Yeah no kidding, it has a pump and a platform, and still costs much less.
                    FTM - PTB

Comment

Smeal platform 1 and 10 in Cleveland Ohio FD are so cheapy- flimsy -looking I wouldn't climb one if I was handsomely bribed to do so.
                      Last edited by oldestwiseowl; 08-26-2006, 08:09 PM. Reason: CAPS

Comment

back to the question for one second, FDNY aerials for the last 5 years have been purchased for just a touch over 500k ( the bidss are public record and with some searching on the net you can track down the actual #). Seagrave will not build you this rig and the closest thing they will build will cost you considerably more as NYC buys in large quantity. Also included in the price are lots of spare parts (windows, doors etc..) And some shipped loose items like lights and tools.

Comment

I was once told, "only he knows what his work is worth."

Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes the namebadge has a hefty price tag.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X