RK gavanized aerial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RK gavanized aerial

Does anybody out there have any experience / thoughts / comments about the galvanized RK aerial. I have seen one at a show, in addition to the ladder being galvanized, the outriggers also were. They were calling it "The Nail".

It just all depends on what your looking for. The galvanized is an option and I believe it does cost more than the painted ladder.

The ladder, outriggers and torqe box are all galvanized on the interior and exterior surfaces. They take all the componets and hot dip galvanize them in a huge tank to make sure all surfaces get covered.

The major benefit of it is the 25 year warranty. The cons are you don't get the nice look of paint. However, IMHO the galvanizing doesn't look all that bad.

Miami-Dade has 13 of them on order with General bodies and it sounds like they will be ordering more.

NPFD801 may have a little more insight on this.

Comment

Originally posted by buckdog
      Does anybody out there have any experience / thoughts / comments about the galvanized RK aerial. I have seen one at a show, in addition to the ladder being galvanized, the outriggers also were. They were calling it "The Nail".
      If you are looking for a aerial ladder that will not rust like steel then check out the gavanized RK , or also look into the ( E-One , Pierce , Sutphen ) 75' & 100' aerials made from aluminum. The " Rosenbauer " web site has a few demo RK ladders for viewing !...

Comment

Galvanized???

Yeah they have demo's... cause they can't sell 'em!

Comment

Thanks for the input. The unit I saw was a General Safety, seems to built very well. When people jack on the looks, my feeling is, it's a truck not a parade piece. If it saves scraping and painting outrigger, etc...who cares what it looks like.

Comment

Minneapolis Fire has Rosenbauer / RK / General Safety. Sounds like they have had some issues with their new quints. Can see them here and read about them here.
            http://www.extraalarm.org/
            "Firefighters do not regard themselves as heroes because they do what the business requires.”

Chief Edward F. Croker, FDNY

Comment

The 85' platform I test flew at NEFC this year didn't impress me too much.Slow and the platform controls didn't seem as smooth as some of the others.25 year warranty is nice but sometimes you'd like to get in the air and into position is less than a shift change.Maybe the straight sticks are better,I don't know. T.C.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X