Seagrave Attacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagrave Attacker

Seagrave fire apparatus posted news about there " Attacker " chassis on 7/09/2006. The Attacker cab is designed for aerial ladder, pumper, rescues, Also available for Aerialscopes with 54,000 lbs tandem rear axles , a choice of cab lengths 54" & 60 ". Seats up to 8 , engine offers to 400 hp with Cat & Cummins , and is not available on there platform apparatus !...The Attacker cabs aluminum tubing safety cage and aluminum cab design provides strength, and is standard with barrier clearing short doors.Rumors around say that the Attacker chassis will take the place of the " Concorde chassis ".
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 07-15-2006, 08:16 PM.

Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII
    Seagrave fire apparatus posted news about there " Attacker " chassis on 7/09/2006. The Attacker cab is designed for aerial ladder, pumper, rescues, Also available for Aerialscopes with 54,000 lbs tandem rear axles , a choice of cab lengths 54" & 60 ". Seats up to 8 , engine offers to 400 hp with Cat & Cummins , and is not available on there platform apparatus !...The Attacker cabs aluminum tubing safety cage and aluminum cab design provides strength, and is standard with barrier clearing short doors.Rumors around say that the Attacker chassis will take the place of the " Concorde chassis ".
    Anyone have news on the Seagrave Attacker -or- Concorde chassis cab ?

Comment

The Seagrave "Concorde" chassis has been discontinued. The "Attacker" is going to become the only aluminum cab they offer. The "Attacker" was known as the "Flame" a few years ago. This chassis has been re-designed with a new look and much more in options. The cab has been designed to meet the new 2006 emmissions and bigger engines.

Comment

The Seagrave web site says it is available with a 54,000 lb tandem rear axle , but only up to " 400 horsepower engine which is not that great for use in a aerial apparatus !... Other than a 75' Meanstick.

Comment

Good point, I have some connections with a rep from Seagrave. I'll ask him about the motor question. I believe the larger engines will eventually be available. Since the "Attacker" used to be the "Flame", it was a chassis with limited options. The "Attacker" is going to take the place of the "Concorde". So far the straight front axle with the 17" disc brakes as well as the IFS is available on this chassis as well as the M-II. The Multiplexing is up in the air also. I believe the "Attacker" is available with both hard wired and Mutiplexing. Time will tell.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X