X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fyrtrks
    replied
    Watch the Weight

My only concern with the GMC 4500 and 5500 is a weight issue. I saw some units at Harrisburg I thought might be very close on axle weight rating with out personel onboard. I don't think they are a bad unit just make sure when you are specificying the unit that you do not ask more of it than it will be able to give you. I would suggest going the next step up and use a true medium duty and not a softened up medium duty.

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    Originally posted by skipatrol8
    I have not seen a whole lot of these in the fire service. Is there something that makes them inferior to an f550? To me it looks like a real medium duty truck, not a glorified pickup. how much less is the ford? can you get a 4x4?
    firenresq77 has one at his department.(www.northwoodfire.com) unit 806........it is a midi pumper ........cant recall the price they paid and I believe 4 x4 is available as well.

Leave a comment:

• skipatrol8
    started a topic GMC/Chevy 4500--good/bad?

GMC/Chevy 4500--good/bad?

I have not seen a whole lot of these in the fire service. Is there something that makes them inferior to an f550? To me it looks like a real medium duty truck, not a glorified pickup. how much less is the ford? can you get a 4x4?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X