GMC/Chevy 4500--good/bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow......... How'd I miss this thread????????/

We have the GMC 5500, and we love the thing. It is so much better than the Ford F550. Ours is the 2WD with the 26K GVW......... We had a similar truck on the F550 and it was already sitting on the helper springs with very little equipment on it. Now we have a bigger tank with more equipment and still have plenty of weight to spare. Turning is unbelievable compared to the Ford......... Plus the price for the GMC5500 was approx the same or slightly less/more than the Ford........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by skipatrol8
      which is better, ive heard the diesel is a bit of a slug.
      Im not sure on the new ford 6.0 diesel lots of problems from what i have heard.
      The 7.3 diesel (no longer offered) that we have in our 2002 F550 rescue (16ft ambulance style body) is enough to get it up and going and the engine has had no problems yet.

I can tell you (from experience) the GM 6.6 duramax is anything but a slug in the medium duty trucks
      Last edited by k1500chevy97; 08-13-2006, 10:06 PM.

Comment

We have a 2006 Chevy C5500, 2WD, 19,500 GVW, 8.1L gas chassis. It's constructed as a mobile command post, 32.5' long, 102" wide. We've only had it a short time, but so far, no problems. We drove it to Pennsylvania from the middle of Iowa without any issues. Lots of power, good turning radius, nice ride with an aftermarket rear air suspension. Overall, nice truck.
        R.A. Ricciuti
        Mt. Lebanon Fire Department

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...