Pierce Chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierce Chassis

Anyone know anything about Pierce introducing a new chassis?

The last change was the TAK4 system which pertains to the independent front suspension. I have not heard of anything else coming on-line. Did you do a search on the Pierce website?

Comment

I searched the Pierce website and came up with nothing. The new Firehouse magazine's inside cover is what brought up the question.

Comment

Did this new chassis look different than the current ones? What level do you think it will be between? Saber, lance, Dash or Quantum.

Comment

In this months FH magazine there is pic of what appears to a be a Quantum chassis bumper and then some littl tag line about something "coming" in the fall IIRC.
          IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
          Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
          ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
          RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
          LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
          I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
          "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
          http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Yea that is what I saw. I looked again and I thought it looked a little different than the Quantum. It may just be the are gonna put that head light design on some of the other chassis, just not with the nose cone type style like the Quantum.

Comment

2007???

Probably has something to do with a re-design to meet 2007 EPA engines.

Comment

Prior to FDIC I became aware on resaonably good authority that a modified version of the Arrow XT was to be at the FDIC featuring a more user-friendly door height than the present XT which issue was highlited to the company from user feedback so that is what this modified model was all about. I have not seen anything yet about it in writing per se but I am happy when such information is forthcoming.

Comment

Can anybody tell me why you would want headlights in the bumper on a fire truck.

It just seems to me that they would be getting broke all to often.
                  Last edited by toddmcbr; 07-15-2006, 12:11 AM.

Comment

'Cause they do it some places in Europe that way?

Stay safe out there, everyone goes home!

Comment

You're right. Some do it in Europe that way. However, I think they would get broken more than they should.

Anyway, I orignally thought the picture might have been a bumper off a new chassis. But then I got to looking at a photo of Miami Dade's new Quantum pumpers and it appears to be the Stainless Steel Wrap/Headlight/Warning Light housing.

Picture credit to Alex M. Poitevien Jr.

With that said, I'm not quite sure what the ad is all about.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I agree, I dont think it is a bumper. I think it might be a new look to some of the existing chassis.....

Comment

Damn, down in Florida I would have thought those trucks would have ripened up by now.. being in the sun and all
                          Originally posted by ThNozzleMan
                          Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
                          FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Comment

Ripening

Nah, we tried since 1978. Doesn't work. Had to go back to red paint (see Toyne Wins!).

Stay safe out there, everyone goes home!

Comment

From what my friend told me, (he is a Pierce representative), they, (Pierce), will be introducing a new chassis/cab line-up at the I-Chiefs show in Dallas. He said that Pierce is promoting this as a new product release. It also probably hs to do with the 2007/2010 emmissions requirements. I am sure that other chassis manufacturers will also be introducing new cab style or modifications to their current ones.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X