• Show
Clear All

• pfd3501
    replied
    We are looking for a rescue-pumper and have looked at
    1. HME SFO
    2. E-One
    3. Darley on a Spartan Big Easy

All 3 are good trucks, but with the exception of the HME SFO, what I see out there is a bigger is better mentality. The HME was the quietest, handled the best, most manueverable and is the least expensive of the 3. We will also look at/evaluate a LaFrance custom cab for rescue pumper application.

The Spartan Big Easy was by far the loudest truck, especially with the jake engaged.

Leave a comment:

• 1200vfr
    replied
    I am a fire truck designer and work in sales for the manufacturer, as well. We have built on several chassis and the Big Easy is a nice economical chassis. It is also very well built. The worst part about it is the name. It sounds like a heavy prostitute.

Leave a comment:

• FYRHWK1
    replied
    Cant say anything about a Big Easy, but I can tell you our '94 gladiator tower truck has worked great so far. No sign of any failure in the cab and the drvetrains never had any glitches.

Leave a comment:

• ninety8
    started a topic Spartan Big Easy

Spartan Big Easy

We are looking at purchasing a new Spartan Big Easy and were wondering if anyone was having any problems with them. Or anything we should be aware of. Hampton Fire Rescue, Hampton, New Brunswick.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X