Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

LED Flood Lighting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Flood Lighting

Does anyone have any real experience with the different brands and types of 12V LED Floods out there? We are building an engine and without seeing all the options side by side, I'm not sure which way to go. We are considering FRC, Whelen Pioneer, Firetech, and Rigid. Our manufacturer has suggested Rigid, but I don't know anyone that has experience with those. Seems like a cheap way out. I haven't been completely impressed by the Pioneers that I've seen in the field. I have seen the FRC Spectra and seem to lean that way from my limited experience. Firetech seems like a great way to go, but I have not seen them in person and how they compare. I'm hoping someone out there has done some research or has first had knowledge that I can benefit from. As fast as this technology has changed, its hard to stay on top of it. I'm not about to take a salesman's word for it either. Thank you all for your constructive input. Stay Safe!

Our two new engines, have Rigid 50 inch light bars on all 4 sides. It is way overkill but works in the dark Alaskan winter. With that the customer service in our area for them is fantastic. We have had 1 led go out in a 40 inch bar and they replaced it for free. I have not used the other LED lights so I do not know how they compare both functionally and price wise. If there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know.

Comment

We have FRC Spectra on our latest Engine (2013)... we are pleased with them.

Biggest thing to keep in mind is Lumen rating not power (watts)... that is how they rate the light output.

Second would be the service after the sale... how easy is it to get parts down the road?

I would also suggest putting body and cab mounted scene lights for around the truck lighting in addition to the pole mounted scene lights.

IMO scene lighting is one of those things that get used more than other options you put on the truck. So don't cut corners on it.

Comment

Rigid is not a "cheap way out". They are an extremely heavy duty light. They are used a lot on off road rock crawlers and the like. They are very bright and have excellent factory support. With Whelen and FRC you know that you are getting a large scale product that will have parts and factory support.

I would compare all of the lumen ratings, and then if all other things are equal, go with what your dealer recommends. They are the ones that will be servicing them.

Comment

From the experiences my customers have had: FRC Spectra and Whelen Pioneer are both good quality products. We have had a few customers go with Firetech in the last couple of years and so far everything has been very good with them and the customers have loved them. I personally like Firetech because of the lower profile of the lights and mounts compared to the FRC and Whelen units. The Firetech solid brow bar with staged lighting activation and built in marker lights is spectacular, if you haven't seen it in person I would recommend checking it out.

Video on Firetech brow light: https://youtu.be/8WNbjFiD-s4

I cannot speak to the lights from Rigid as I have no experience with them.
          Just a guy...

Lieutenant - Woodbury, MN FD (Retired)
          Road Captain - Red Knights MC, MN4

Disclaimer: The facts and opinions expressed above are mine, and mine alone, and are not intended to represent the views of any company I have ever worked for, past or present.

Comment

I would agree with the statement made by many here already. Don't get bogged down with all the fun numbers that they try to throw at you. The best measure of how bright the lights are is lumens. Our Platform has the FRC Spectra lights and we have been very happy so far. We had on issue and they made it right quickly. Our vendor tried to convince us that we needed the Whelen Pioneer, but they did not match up in the lumens. I disagree with the statement that if all things are equal you should go with your vendors recommendation. Do your research and buy what is right for your department. Don't rely on the salesperson.
            I have but one ambition in life and that is to become a firefighter.

Comment

Originally posted by efd281 View Post
              I would agree with the statement made by many here already. Don't get bogged down with all the fun numbers that they try to throw at you. The best measure of how bright the lights are is lumens. Our Platform has the FRC Spectra lights and we have been very happy so far. We had on issue and they made it right quickly. Our vendor tried to convince us that we needed the Whelen Pioneer, but they did not match up in the lumens. I disagree with the statement that if all things are equal you should go with your vendors recommendation. Do your research and buy what is right for your department. Don't rely on the salesperson.
              Exactly what I was going to say... My department had A LOT of ridiculous options thrown at us when we speced our heavy rescue and we disregarded price and chose the light with more lumens

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X