Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Having Problems With Meritor EX225 Disc Brakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Having Problems With Meritor EX225 Disc Brakes?

Has anyone experienced the Allan Bolts holding the pistons coming loose on the Meritor EX225 17" Disc Brakes?

I've got a FD where 2 Engines were found to have had the bolts loose and in one case missing thereby rendering the disc brake inoperative.

Thanks

Originally posted by Aerialguy11 View Post
    Has anyone experienced the Allan Bolts holding the pistons coming loose on the Meritor EX225 17" Disc Brakes?

I've got a FD where 2 Engines were found to have had the bolts loose and in one case missing thereby rendering the disc brake inoperative.

Thanks
    No, but I'm certainly going to go check the one we have now.

So far, the brakes on that vehicle (2007 Toyne/Spartan) have been great. It has EX225 17" on all 4. Also, we have a 1989 Quality/Duplex with ADB15s on all 4. Never go back to drum brakes.

Comment

Where abouts are you located Aerialguy11? We have had two rigs with the same problem. One rig had one caliper let go and the latest had both rear calipers come aprt leaving the rig with no rear brakes. We called Meritor and Spartan and were told that they hadn't heard of anyone else having these problems.

Randy M
      Vancouver Fire & Rescue Service

Comment

I believe he's the one that sold them to you.

Comment

Originally posted by vanfiremech View Post
          Where abouts are you located Aerialguy11? We have had two rigs with the same problem. One rig had one caliper let go and the latest had both rear calipers come aprt leaving the rig with no rear brakes. We called Meritor and Spartan and were told that they hadn't heard of anyone else having these problems.

Randy M
          Vancouver Fire & Rescue Service
          Randy the Meritor rep was there today to see you guys and Meritor's taking care of it under warranty but I put out the posting to see if anyone else has had the problem once I'd seen for myself the day of the post the problem first hand.

Strange no one else has had this happen or hasn't checked their EX225 brakes..

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X