Other new things @ fdic 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other new things @ fdic 2011

Okay Show us what else was new at FDIC. I had to re-certify my NYS Paramedic so I couldn't go. Pictures ladies and gentlemen we want pictures.
    Fyrtrks

None of these are my pictures, but here are some good shots and some additional info:

http://chicagoareafire.com/blog/2011.../#comment-1595

Comment

Originally posted by Fyrtrks View Post
      Okay Show us what else was new at FDIC. I had to re-certify my NYS Paramedic so I couldn't go. Pictures ladies and gentlemen we want pictures.

Come over to www.firepics.net and join up and you'll get to see what was at the FDIC and more.
      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Things I liked were:
        1.) Newly revised compartmentation on the Sutphen SPH 100... it now has all kinds of room in its compartments.
        2.) The Sutphen Scene View pumper which is a top mount/side mount pump operation. Seems good for smaller, voluteer fire departments.
        3.) Sensible Products had a great new way to mount equipment in compartments by using a module design. I think they called it T mounts.
        4.) FRC had some neat new lighting options. Lots of LED choices from them now.
        5.) Headlights - I see that many manufacturers went away from the old sealed beam lights and now have a more automotive looking, clear glass headlight. This had a seperate bulb that you can swap out just like a car.
        6.) I believe it was Rosenbauer, but they had an interesting step/ladder set up that came out of the side of the truck. The only use I saw for it was re-packing hose.
        7.) Manufacturer unknown, but I saw a neat tool storage shelf that swung out of the compartment. Different than a pull out tray, but kind of like a lazy susan. I have no idea what weight it held, but nice concept.
        8.) ROM has some neat pull out trays that seem to work much easier than the Slidemaster units.
        9.) I had no idea how bad the door seal was on Spartan cabs. I have always heard of water leak issues on their doors, and now I saw why.
        10.) Pierce CF - I did not care for the new interior. Seemed like they fixed the space issue in the front by creating a space issue in the back for the crew. This may work for some departments though.

Comment

Originally posted by ATFDFF View Post
          None of these are my pictures, but here are some good shots and some additional info:

http://chicagoareafire.com/blog/2011.../#comment-1595
          Intersting one caption noted four FDNY apparatus including a 4 door Ford Chassis ambulance? I thought the four doors buses were going to be Dodges?

Comment

Originally posted by 93Cobra View Post
            Things I liked were:
            1.) Newly revised compartmentation on the Sutphen SPH 100... it now has all kinds of room in its compartments.
            2.) The Sutphen Scene View pumper which is a top mount/side mount pump operation. Seems good for smaller, voluteer fire departments.
            3.) Sensible Products had a great new way to mount equipment in compartments by using a module design. I think they called it T mounts.
            5.) Headlights - I see that many manufacturers went away from the old sealed beam lights and now have a more automotive looking, clear glass headlight. This had a seperate bulb that you can swap out just like a car.
            6.) I believe it was Rosenbauer, but they had an interesting step/ladder set up that came out of the side of the truck. The only use I saw for it was re-packing hose.
            7.) Manufacturer unknown, but I saw a neat tool storage shelf that swung out of the compartment. Different than a pull out tray, but kind of like a lazy susan. I have no idea what weight it held, but nice concept.
            8.) ROM has some neat pull out trays that seem to work much easier than the Slidemaster units.
            9.) I had no idea how bad the door seal was on Spartan cabs. I have always heard of water leak issues on their doors, and now I saw why.
            10.) Pierce CF - I did not care for the new interior. Seemed like they fixed the space issue in the front by creating a space issue in the back for the crew. This may work for some departments though.
            never thought spartan had a door seal issue. please elaborate

Comment

Originally posted by RFDACM02 View Post
              Intersting one caption noted four FDNY apparatus including a 4 door Ford Chassis ambulance? I thought the four doors buses were going to be Dodges?
              It is a Dodge. Photo by me:

As CaptOldTimer said, hundreds more images over at firepics.net.
              Career Fire Captain
              Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Things I liked were:
                They've come out with new surface mount (1.25" deep) scene lights at 15k lumens, and a 2.5" front brow light using a universal mount that has 20k lumens (far more than the Whelen Pioneer Plus).

Here are the 15k lumen models mounted to a Will-Burt light tower.

Both ROM and On Scene Solutions pull out trays blow SlideMaster out of the water. I'd happily use either one.

Never heard a complaint about Spartan door seals??

I predict you'll see a lot of departments that feel like the minor space issue in the rear is far offset by the space gained in the front.
                Career Fire Captain
                Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by ffp20 View Post
                  never thought spartan had a door seal issue. please elaborate
                  The department by me has a new Smeal with a Spartan cab that has water leak issues around the doors. I never looked at it until the show and saw what they use for sealing around the doors. I would rather that the cab door had a more positive sealing surface.
                  Last edited by 93Cobra; 03-28-2011, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Wow!!! ALF is still in the game and must be making some money to have a spot in the Lucas Stadium!

Comment

Originally posted by TruckGuy View Post
                      Wow!!! ALF is still in the game and must be making some money to have a spot in the Lucas Stadium!
                      Must not have signed the Do Not Resuscitate form.

Apparently Lynn still needs the write-offs.

Comment

Nice list Cobra, thanks!

Anyone know were I can see this? Very interesting.

Comment

The department by me has a new Smeal with a Spartan cab that has water leak issues around the doors. I never looked at it until the show and saw what they use for sealing around the doors. I would rather that the cab door had a more positive sealing surface.
                          Never seen or heard of any issues with the door seals leaking water. Not just on my 13, but others around me that have them.

And what "exactly" did you see that they used to seal the doors that you didn't like???

FM1
                          I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                          "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
                            Never seen or heard of any issues with the door seals leaking water. Not just on my 13, but others around me that have them.

And what "exactly" did you see that they used to seal the doors that you didn't like???

FM1
                            They didn't say Stuphen anywhere on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lump532 View Post
                              Nice list Cobra, thanks!

Anyone know were I can see this? Very interesting.
                              Here is a copy of the spec sheet I picked up for this truck.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X