Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CustomFire

Originally posted by DFDMAXX View Post
    Maybe stay away from Custom. Quality goes one way or another, and the way my previous department was treated was just plain wrong. Very wrong. F-ing three ring circus.
    WOW. We didn't get any run around with them. We did have a few issues but they took care of them right away. What is your previous dept?

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
      Rosenbauer ,the PARENT, is an International interest. Our rigs were built HERE on US soil,on US chassis,with US aluminum by a corn fed US WORKFORCE and SUPPORTED by a US Dealer. As far as I'm concerned that makes them US built. T.C.
      where did the profits go?

Comment

Originally posted by fireinfo10 View Post
        I don't see ten cents difference between Alexis and Toyne. Either will build anything with any material and will change tune on what the "only smart thing" based on who they are bidding against. "Engineering" consists a draftsman at a CAD station not an actual engineer. Good craftsmens in their shops doing decent individual work (welding etc) doesn't compensate. Change distributors with the season of the year.

Tour their factories and that of then a major mfg (if you don't have a manufacturing background find someone to take with you). Reportedly Toyne resent finished a big expensive new paint show in an attempt to solve their continuing paint problems.
        well theres bs. i have several units from 3 major maufacturers where the paint fell off in sheets. this is both finish paint and compt paint. and this is both stainless and aluminum bodies. just cuz they'e bigger, dont always mean they're better. please let us know who you sell/work for, and if you're gonna advertise, please pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DFDMAXX View Post
          Maybe stay away from Custom. Quality goes one way or another, and the way my previous department was treated was just plain wrong. Very wrong. F-ing three ring circus.
          Can you elaborate? As we're preparing to send bids out, including soliciting a bid from Custom, I'd like to hear what your experience was. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to make it public.
          Career Fire Captain
          Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by LT2410 View Post
            IOh...and if FIREMECH1 is in fact getting a Toyne aerial - then once again the logic fails. Toyne buys their aerials from Rosenbauer so part of the truck is still a Rosenbauer.
            Don't throw me under the bus, bud. While Toyne may be using RK to build us our ladder, you need to understand that RK is 100% U.S. built. Both in labor and materials. Just because its parent company isn't American, you should notice that it creates U.S. jobs across the map.

Don't know what you use for logic, but it fails.

FM1
            I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
            "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

I heard a rumor recently that Rosie was going to stop selling the RK ladder to some of the other manufacturers such as Toyne. Seems they don't like losing orders when they are bidding the same spec.

Again, only a rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by sven73 View Post
                I heard a rumor recently that Rosie was going to stop selling the RK ladder to some of the other manufacturers such as Toyne. Seems they don't like losing orders when they are bidding the same spec.

Again, only a rumor.
                Funny, I heard that exact same thing!
                "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

Originally posted by ffp20 View Post
                  Well, for ONE place, back into the Factories that built our rigs. Like I said,the rigs are 100% AMERICAN built with AMERICAN products,by a US workforce and supported by a New England Dealer. How much digging you wanna do,there isn't a builder out there that doesn't have some form of Skeleton in the closet? T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by sven73 View Post

Again, only a rumor.
                    Heard the same thing. Was also told it is because of our aerial being built by Toyne.

FM1
                    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

Originally posted by ffp20 View Post
                      The wife and I bought a Kia Sedona minivan about a year ago. Sure we could have bought a Ford, Chevy or Mopile, but when we looked at the prices, we got the best bang for our buck from Kia- when considering options, warranty, service, etc. Is the profit going to Seoul???? Who gives a rats azz. All I know is that one of the BIG reasons that I bought it was due to the fact that they just opened a brand new $3 Billion Dollar plant in West Point, Georgia- giving thousands of people jobs and benefits.
                      "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
                        Don't throw me under the bus, bud. While Toyne may be using RK to build us our ladder, you need to understand that RK is 100% U.S. built. Both in labor and materials. Just because its parent company isn't American, you should notice that it creates U.S. jobs across the map.

Don't know what you use for logic, but it fails.

FM1
                        This is exactly the point I was trying to make with the addition that RK is partially owned by Rosenbauer. There was a comment made in an earlier post that the original poster should buy Smeal because they are American owned. Bottom line is Rosenbauer has created many American jobs to build fire trucks all over the world. As far as profits go, a good portion of it is reinvested in the company here in the states.

Sorry if it didn't come across that way. It wasn't the intent.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X