No announcement yet.

Looking for Good Dealer in Midwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosenbauer or Smeal. Got both and no complaints with either T.C.

Comment

I personally can't believe these dealers aren't beating YOUR door down if you received a grant. I'd send packages out to everyone you can, then work on eliminating the bids that are not compliant for various reasons. Hand picking who you send the packages to only handicaps you, and may leave out a bidder who is VERY hungry for your business.
      "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

Originally posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
        A lot of AFG rigs are built on a budget, so you might consider looking at Midwest Fire, located in Luverne, MN. Two departments near me have taken delivery of tankers built by Midwest, and they seem to be pretty happy with the product.

However, if you've got the money and desire some custom features, you can't overlook CustomFire in Osceloa, WI. They're not the biggest builder of units per year, but I've yet to find anyone to say anything bad about their product. They're being used in St. Paul, Duluth, Davenport, and other locations in the midwest, so finding references should be easy.
        Maybe stay away from Custom. Quality goes one way or another, and the way my previous department was treated was just plain wrong. Very wrong. F-ing three ring circus.
        We do not rise to the occasion. We fall back to our level of training.

Comment

Just a quick idea: if you deal with Emergency Apparatus Maintenance give your local tech a call. They service many departments with many different manufactures of apparatus and know which manufacture makes a quality product and how that manufacture is to deal with when it comes to product support and warranty claims.
          We do not rise to the occasion. We fall back to our level of training.

Comment

Mid West fire has a good deal. A class A pumper under 200K. http://www.midwestfire.com/fire-appa...umpers/frx.php

Comment

Alexis Fire of Alexis,Ill.

Comment

Originally posted by npfd801 View Post
                I personally can't believe these dealers aren't beating YOUR door down if you received a grant. I'd send packages out to everyone you can, then work on eliminating the bids that are not compliant for various reasons. Hand picking who you send the packages to only handicaps you, and may leave out a bidder who is VERY hungry for your business.
                When got ythe "questions" in 2007 sent out RFP (with info that grant was coming) didn't get diddly for helpful info back. As I recall got 2 specs neither of which were close to what we wanted. When grant was announced didn't hear from anyone.

Had to chase the down. We were not looking for a program truck and knew what we wanted. So a bit more work all around.

I would certainly cherry pick did and who I send spec to. You're spending tax $ and bang for the buck is Job1. For a truck that works for you. Perhaps the only new truck you'll ever have (as was for us). Most likely you have sufficient $ for a good quality truck so ensure you buy one and cheapest is seldom least expensive. There certainly are brands I wouldn't want in my station

On the otherhand, when your 2005 equipment grant was announced were was contacted by vendors from sea to shining sea. Many no operations in our state and we had never heard of. Perhaps distributors have figured out that isn't going to work. Will be interesting to see what happens when our pending 2010 equipment grant is announced.

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
                  Rosenbauer or Smeal. Got both and no complaints with either T.C.
                  Well one of them is American owned. Seems like if your getting US tax payer dollars you should have to spend them with companies that are US owned.

Comment

Originally posted by SFD_E73_RET View Post
                    Well one of them is American owned. Seems like if your getting US tax payer dollars you should have to spend them with companies that are US owned.
                    Rosenbauer ,the PARENT, is an International interest. Our rigs were built HERE on US soil,on US chassis,with US aluminum by a corn fed US WORKFORCE and SUPPORTED by a US Dealer. As far as I'm concerned that makes them US built. T.C.

Comment

I'd fourth the Toyne, and second the Spartan/Crimson. Smeal would also be a good choice.

FM1
                      I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                      "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

Originally posted by SFD_E73_RET View Post
                        I agree with Rescue 101... Pretty poor logic here. The Rosenbauer International partnership has allowed Rosenbauer here in the states many opportunities to export their product all over the world keeping these American workers busy. The majority of the profits are reinvested here as they continue to expand and are still hiring people in this crappy economy.

Oh...and if FIREMECH1 is in fact getting a Toyne aerial - then once again the logic fails. Toyne buys their aerials from Rosenbauer so part of the truck is still a Rosenbauer.

Comment

Originally posted by LT2410 View Post
                          I agree with Rescue 101... Pretty poor logic here. The Rosenbauer International partnership has allowed Rosenbauer here in the states many opportunities to export their product all over the world keeping these American workers busy. The majority of the profits are reinvested here as they continue to expand and are still hiring people in this crappy economy.

Oh...and if FIREMECH1 is in fact getting a Toyne aerial - then once again the logic fails. Toyne buys their aerials from Rosenbauer so part of the truck is still a Rosenbauer.
                          More specifically he will be getting a RK. T.C.

Comment

Aerials

Just as a point of clarification, I do believe that Rob Kreikemeier owns controlling interest by 2% of RK Aerials. Rosenbauer being the largest investor does have a very big say in the operation of the company. I could be wrong, I have been before.
                            Fyrtrks

Comment

second for Alexis, are whole fleet if by them and are awesome trucks.. ive seen some of toynes work around our area. NOT IMPRESSED at all, seem to be very shotty craftsman ship. just my opinion tho :/
                              sigpicWhos says Fire Trucks cant be YELLOW!

Comment

I don't see ten cents difference between Alexis and Toyne. Either will build anything with any material and will change tune on what the "only smart thing" based on who they are bidding against. "Engineering" consists a draftsman at a CAD station not an actual engineer. Good craftsmens in their shops doing decent individual work (welding etc) doesn't compensate. Change distributors with the season of the year.

Tour their factories and that of then a major mfg (if you don't have a manufacturing background find someone to take with you). Reportedly Toyne resent finished a big expensive new paint show in an attempt to solve their continuing paint problems.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X