PTO availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTO availability

With the new emissions requirements I have heard that on custom cabs only one of the PTO opening on Allison transmissions are now available for use due to the positioning of the added equipment. My question relates to commercial chassis. Since the positioning of the emissions is different (this is my assumption), are the two PTO openings still available on commercial chassis?

You should be able to get it on a custom just ask. More than likely similar to the last Emission change they did not do a layout of every single cab/ pto/ eng/ trans out there. Custom equals more configurations that a commercial.

Comment

From what I've been told, many times the PTO opening on the officers side of the truck is not accessible due to exhaust and emissions that cannot be modified. One would think that engine manufacturers/EPA officials would get together and figure out a solution to this...
      TruckCommittee.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tim1118 View Post
        From what I've been told, many times the PTO opening on the officers side of the truck is not accessible due to exhaust and emissions that cannot be modified. One would think that engine manufacturers/EPA officials would get together and figure out a solution to this...
        Like going back to a STANDARD exhaust? T.C.

Comment

Problem solved!
          TruckCommittee.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse