Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Times In Appleton

From Ohskosh's latest report-

Fire & Emergency - Fire & emergency segment sales for the first quarter of fiscal 2011 decreased 10.5 percent to $201.5 million compared with the prior year quarter. The decrease in sales primarily reflected lower shipments of fire fighting apparatus due to soft domestic demand attributable to weak municipal spending in the U.S.

Operating income decreased 87.9 percent in the first quarter of fiscal 2011 to $2.6 million, or 1.3 percent of sales, compared with the prior year quarter operating income, excluding impairment charges1, of $21.3 million, or 9.4 percent of sales. Operating income during the first quarter was impacted by lower sales volume and the related absorption impact and pricing of international sales. Including impairment charges of $23.3 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2010, the fire & emergency segment reported an operating loss of $2.0 million.

In October 2010 and January 2011, the Company commenced the closure of Oshkosh Specialty Vehicles and Medtec Ambulance facilities, respectively, and consolidation of these businesses into existing facilities in Florida. The Company also implemented workforce reductions throughout the first fiscal quarter and in January 2011 in other businesses in the fire & emergency segment. The Company recorded charges totaling $0.7 million in its first quarter for these closures and workforce reductions and expects to record additional charges of approximately $5 million for these activities in upcoming quarters.

Perhaps your title should be "Hard Times In the Apparatus Industry"
    GRC063

Comment

Originally posted by sven73 View Post
      The decrease in sales primarily reflected lower shipments of fire fighting apparatus due to soft domestic demand attributable to weak municipal spending in the U.S.
      You would never know that from the amount of deliveries in Southeastern Pa/NJ/Delaware and Maryland, including a whole handfull of heavy rescues that are so big they have their own Zip Codes.
      "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
        You would never know that from the amount of deliveries in Southeastern Pa/NJ/Delaware and Maryland, including a whole handfull of heavy rescues that are so big they have their own Zip Codes.
        But do they have a SINK? T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
          There have been about a half-dozen or so heavy rescues delivered that are so big, they effect the Earth's gravitational pull on the moon. There is definitely enough space on board for an efficiency apartment, so yes, I would have to say the kitchen sink is in there somewhere.
          "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
            Hey TC, I gotta tell ya, your not as pretty on our new 50" 1080 HD Plasma TV! Try to keep those newsworthy stories to a minimum! Glad to see it wasn't your automotive business when we saw the upcoming headlines.

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
              There have been about a half-dozen or so heavy rescues delivered that are so big, they effect the Earth's gravitational pull on the moon. There is definitely enough space on board for an efficiency apartment, so yes, I would have to say the kitchen sink is in there somewhere.
              Maybe we can get Al Gore to admit that this has been the root cause of global warming, wait no that's not it? Climate change, that's it!

Comment

Originally posted by RFDACM02 View Post
                Hey TC, I gotta tell ya, your not as pretty on our new 50" 1080 HD Plasma TV! Try to keep those newsworthy stories to a minimum! Glad to see it wasn't your automotive business when we saw the upcoming headlines.
                Tim was kinda scary looking on tv . Saw his truck again yesterday at another structure in Harrison. Been keeping the boys out in the lakes region busy lately.

Comment

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
                  Tim was kinda scary looking on tv . Saw his truck again yesterday at another structure in Harrison. Been keeping the boys out in the lakes region busy lately.
                  At least someones getting work! We can't convince the probie's why shovelling the hydrants is important. Starting to wonder myself!

Comment

At least someones getting work! We can't convince the probie's why shovelling the hydrants is important. Starting to wonder myself!
                    Just tell the probie he can take 1 day off from the gym for every 20 hydrants he shovels :-}

Had to get a payloader to dig ours out Friday. 10 ft plow baks were making it real hard to even find ours.

Comment

Maybe we can get Al Gore to admit that this has been the root cause of global warming, wait no that's not it? Climate change, that's it!
                      1500 degrees at the tailpipe during regen contributes to global warming and increases our dependency on foreign oil; but we can all breathe better.

C6

Comment

Originally posted by Command6 View Post
                        1500 degrees at the tailpipe during regen contributes to global warming and increases our dependency on foreign oil; but we can all breathe better.

C6
                        Hey with regen i see an alternative to shoveling hydrants.

Comment

Heres YOUR tip for the day. My eyes aren't THAT nervous,time compression of about a 6 minute inteview into what you saw.Being a pretty boy( which I AIN'T) on TV isn't my idea of a good time but it goes with the job. A ****ty night with tons of problems. The boy sends his regards, said to tell you if you wanna do someting BESIDES boo boo bus work,come see us. He's done more JOBS in the last 5 days than he did in a YEAR with you,hehe T.C.

Comment

Ouch! Way to throw me under the bus T.C. haha...which reminds me, I'm still trying to get up that way to visit. Just don't tell A shift how much work I've been catching since I've been back! They've already been made to feel bad by the other deserter!

Comment

Ain't throwing anybody under the bus. Facts is facts. Maybe we can go visit and the cloud will lift,who knows. T.C.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X