Nfpa 1917?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
    You kids want to take your spat to the PA fire boards ????
    No.

Call it a spat if you want to, but this is a discussion forum and the topic is essentially about the relevancy/need for the NFPA standards. Both of the posts in the "spat" were related to that topic and therefore no need to discuss it somewhere else.

However, you are more then welcome to go read other threads if this bothers you.

Comment

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
      or the requirement to have an AED. Duh it's an ambulance In addition to a 25K monitor/defibrillator we already have they want an AED.
      I'm pretty sure that there would be an exemption on the AED requirement if your monitor/defibrillator has an integrated AED which has been pretty common for the past decade.

I know that my state's ambulance licensing requirements include AEDs, but if I'm not mistaken ALS units are not required to have AEDs unless they are dual-licensed as a BLS unit also. In that situation the integrated AEDs are sufficient.

Comment

If you have a BLS rig, it is required, not mandated to have an AED.

If you have a ALS rig, it is required that you have a portable, battery operated monitor/defibrillator. You are not required to have an AED.

All of our Med Units are ALS and do not carry an AED. All engines/pumpers and trucks/aerials do carry an AED, as part of their BLS capability.

FM1
        I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
        "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

Originally posted by FireMedic049 View Post
          No.

Call it a spat if you want to, but this is a discussion forum and the topic is essentially about the relevancy/need for the NFPA standards. Both of the posts in the "spat" were related to that topic and therefore no need to discuss it somewhere else.

However, you are more then welcome to go read other threads if this bothers you.

I created this topic, so I think I have a say in what is relevant. Fire Medic, In the first post I asked for constructive dialogue. However, so far you have only criticized others who don't agree with your opinions. When this happens, you discourage others who may have another opinion from posting, as they may fear every word being torn apart. Clearly in your last few posts, you have taken shots at people, instead of using constructive means to support your opinion. This topic wasn't created to be a debate with one clear winner. Rather, I wanted to get different opinions from several different people. Sir, if you can't play nice with others, then you can go to the other threads.

Comment

Originally posted by ADC120 View Post
            I created this topic, so I think I have a say in what is relevant. Fire Medic, In the first post I asked for constructive dialogue. However, so far you have only criticized others who don't agree with your opinions.
            I would disagree with your assertion.

I asked some legitimate questions. One of which was why your area needed ambulances that can travel over 72 mph. However, your response to me at least, clearly showed that you have no true need for such otherwise you would have been readily able to provide an explanation.

I also stated an opinion that was in opposition to a particular poster's opinions and why I disagreed with that opinion. There was no criticizing, just a little calling BS on some statements.

The response to that was pretty much full of hostility and NO actual substance to refute my comments. I think my response to that was pretty reasonable for the most part.

So please explain to me where I was inappropriately critical of somebody else's view in the thread?

When this happens, you discourage others who may have another opinion from posting, as they may fear every word being torn apart.
            Is that really my problem or is it lack of confidence in that person's own opinion? Besides, debating is in part about being critical of opposing opinions.

Clearly in your last few posts, you have taken shots at people, instead of using constructive means to support your opinion.
            Yes, I'll concede that there were three comments that could be viewed as "shots". However, I had already cited appropriate support for my position for one of them at that point and was disappointed in the choice to provide a none answer to my question. The other two where in response to what were derogatory comments towards me and really didn't have much bite to them.

This topic wasn't created to be a debate with one clear winner. Rather, I wanted to get different opinions from several different people. Sir, if you can't play nice with others, then you can go to the other threads.
            And you got those different opinions.

I was playing nice. Did I swear or attack someone personally? No. I challenged a couple of people on their statements that I believed to be unsubstantiated or unwarranted.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X