Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• npfd801
    replied
    A sharp rig, but it fails to fall into the ten years old or less qualifier...

I too have looked at this one closely.

Leave a comment:

• Wbensm
    replied
    http://www.fentonfire.com/ladders_an...g.php?lid=2850 ??

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    replied
    Originally posted by Command6 View Post
    Don't overlook ebay and Craigs List. I've run across several there. Also, www.govdeals.com

What ever you purchase, BE SURE the aerial has been third-party tested ad certified within the past year. If the owner can't provide documentation, that is a red flag and a deal breaker.

Same goes for pump tests.

C6
    Roger that. I'm sure we listed that as a requirement in the grant narrative.

Leave a comment:

• Command6
    replied
    Don't overlook ebay and Craigs List. I've run across several there. Also, www.govdeals.com

What ever you purchase, BE SURE the aerial has been third-party tested ad certified within the past year. If the owner can't provide documentation, that is a red flag and a deal breaker.

Same goes for pump tests.

C6

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    replied
    I'm thinking this process is going to be tougher than I first imagined...

Surely there has to be something out there?

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    replied
    Originally posted by markfeather View Post
    We have a 2001 Smeal 75 foot Quint, 500 Tank 1500 GPM coming up. Excellent condition.
    Very much interested Mark. Send me info!!!!

Leave a comment:

• chiefengineer11
    replied
    Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Since when in the heck did you care about being PC????? That's part of the problem with this country.
    I'll restate it - Tactical considerations.

Leave a comment:

• markfeather
    replied
    We have a 2001 Smeal 75 foot Quint, 500 Tank 1500 GPM coming up. Excellent condition.

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    Originally posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    Sort of. I had a little more in the post, then decided it wasn't politically correct. Tried to delete it completely but couldn't, so I left the teaser. I'm thinking of one you saw in Aurora, and maybe a few other places.
    Since when in the heck did you care about being PC????? That's part of the problem with this country.

Leave a comment:

• chiefengineer11
    replied
    Originally posted by npfd801 View Post
    They sold that one didn't they?
    Yes, it did get sold.

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    replied
    They sold that one didn't they?

Leave a comment:

• chiefengineer11
    replied
    Are you playing games with me Sam?
    Sort of. I had a little more in the post, then decided it wasn't politically correct. Tried to delete it completely but couldn't, so I left the teaser. I'm thinking of one you saw in Aurora, and maybe a few other places.

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    replied
    Originally posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    There's this one...
    Are you playing games with me Sam?

Leave a comment:

• chiefengineer11
    replied
    I'm sure we can find something that will fit the requirements. Brindlee had an '04 Pierce 75 footer (or something close to that) that sat there for quite a while, and of course sold not much before we were awarded... We're also not dirt poor, so I'm sure if necessary can can add some to the amount as well if necessary.

Had one good lead come off my post here so far, hoping for more!
    There's this one...
    Last edited by chiefengineer11; 01-29-2011, 04:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    replied
    Originally posted by neiowa View Post
    FG also has a "ROI" component, at least in the opinion on many. That is, can make it thru the programming with a less expensive unit in relationship to a given population base/call volume. So a new quint at $500k would be "Dear John" where a less expensive used truck might fly. Problem with requesting a used unit is finding a suitable piece (decent conditiona and meets all the claims in the grant app) that is in your budget a year or more after writing the grant.

You can always spend additional $ above the grant budget for a "better" or newer truck. Or scare up another $150k for a new truck. You still have a great deal. Joel surely has spare pocket change that will cover the deal.
    I'm sure we can find something that will fit the requirements. Brindlee had an '04 Pierce 75 footer (or something close to that) that sat there for quite a while, and of course sold not much before we were awarded... We're also not dirt poor, so I'm sure if necessary can can add some to the amount as well if necessary.

Had one good lead come off my post here so far, hoping for more!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X