New type of switch panel system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MemphisE34a View Post

2. Disregard any comments about buttons being too small to use with gloves on. In nearly 20 years I have not, nor do I know anyone who has had their gloves on while operating the lights or siren. If you have, calm down a little. Out your gloves on when you get there after you are suited up.
    Not to hijack the thread...but speak for yourself. I know of plenty of my guys who put their gloves on while we are en route. If I'm assigned to OV for the day, and we get a job, I know I'm going to be working for quite a while before I need to mask up....if I do at all. Same thing if I'm going to the roof. As far as engine guys go, while not as common, I know of many who will put their gloves on en route, so they'll be on when they are stretching.

Comment

Originally posted by ATFDFF View Post
      Not to hijack the thread...but speak for yourself. I know of plenty of my guys who put their gloves on while we are en route. If I'm assigned to OV for the day, and we get a job, I know I'm going to be working for quite a while before I need to mask up....if I do at all. Same thing if I'm going to the roof. As far as engine guys go, while not as common, I know of many who will put their gloves on en route, so they'll be on when they are stretching.

In all my years on the job, I never put gloves on while inside the cab. That was one of the last things that went on after the breather and face piece.

If then!
      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

I am a mid volume upfitter in Missouri. Want a real produce evaluation send me one.

I have a Chiefs vehicle right now that IF it works it would be slick in.

Comment

It looks like it would have application possibilities with light and medium rescues as well as wildland units and Chief's cars. I don't know of too many reputable upfitters that run the actual load through a switch anymore so the current per circuit is more than enough. The relays we primarily use only draw 350 milliamps and I cannot think of any circumstance where we would need to power 10 relays from a single switch circuit.

I see where the switch functions can be programmed but, can any logic be programmed into the system? If so then interlocks become a distinct possibility.

Obviously it would only be redundant in any multiplexed system.

Since you seem to be going all out on water resistance, don't forget to market to boaters and boat builders. The marine market is always looking for ways to save space. Or, to save time and trouble, you might think of vending it to Paneltronics.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by firepundit View Post
            It looks like it would have application possibilities with light and medium rescues as well as wildland units and Chief's cars. I don't know of too many reputable upfitters that run the actual load through a switch anymore so the current per circuit is more than enough. The relays we primarily use only draw 350 milliamps and I cannot think of any circumstance where we would need to power 10 relays from a single switch circuit.

I see where the switch functions can be programmed but, can any logic be programmed into the system? If so then interlocks become a distinct possibility.

Obviously it would only be redundant in any multiplexed system.

Since you seem to be going all out on water resistance, don't forget to market to boaters and boat builders. The marine market is always looking for ways to save space. Or, to save time and trouble, you might think of vending it to Paneltronics.

Good luck.
            We are working with the marine market now, except with a different color panel.

As far as logic, yes it is possible, but not currently active, which is one reason we are asking questions about what you would like to see it do. I can see interlocks used for park signals, and for neutral safety, is there anything else that would be interlocked? or anything else an input would be used for?

we can see 3 way switching
            black out
            turn on
            and interlock.

and these would be assignable to 1 or all switches through the programming mode.

Thanks for your input.

Patrick
            Patrick - Former Fire fighter.
            WIRED HDH

Comment

I have responded to calls with my gloves on as well, Usually it was when it was 2 degrees outside in the ice cold POV, or engine. Our station was kept at 50 degrees just to keep the water from freezing. it happens. The panel does work with gloves though....
              Patrick - Former Fire fighter.
              WIRED HDH

Comment

Originally posted by Recelect View Post
                We are working with the marine market now, except with a different color panel.

As far as logic, yes it is possible, but not currently active, which is one reason we are asking questions about what you would like to see it do. I can see interlocks used for park signals, and for neutral safety, is there anything else that would be interlocked? or anything else an input would be used for?

we can see 3 way switching
                black out
                turn on
                and interlock.

and these would be assignable to 1 or all switches through the programming mode.

Thanks for your input.

Patrick
                Other interlocks might include:
                Deployable equipment racks (ladder, folding tank, etc.)
                Light Towers
                Tailgates
                Masts
                Roll-out Trays

Who knows what else a customer might want? Having the ability to do so easily rather than wiring a series of relays to perform binary logic from parts on hand would be nice, if the price is right. There are other companies that make similar products, just not as compact so price would definitely be an issue.

Comment

Might also look at the law enforcement market as well. Cop cars are small and airbag deployment is a concern there.

Comment

I did speak for myself. Additionally, if your doing those jobs, hopefully you are not riding up front worrying about switches. In fact, nearly ALL apparatus I have seen has the primary light controls on the Driver's side.

I wouldn't market a switch panel based on whether or not you could use it wearing firefighter gloves.
                    RK
                    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

Add a "+" switch to replace a joystick as on an Elkhart Sidewinder monitor.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X