Apparatus air bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparatus air bags

Looking at the KME website and I noticed they included 4 front frontal air bags. I went to the suppliers website and they said it is a Pierce exclusive item. Do both manufacturers offer this?

It was exclusive to Pierce for about 18 months but that time limit has long expired. It looks like it is time for IMMI to update its website.

Comment

I have been wondering about this issue for a while now. We all know front airbags are mostly useful... but in fire apparatus, how often are there injuries related to front impacts? Just shooting from the hip, I would think side airbags (rollover/side-impact) would be more beneficial... but obviously, it would be ideal to have both. Then there's also the crew area dilemma. What about the guys in the back? Granted some are rear-facing, but that doesn't offer much in a roll-over. Just my thoughts...

Back to the original post, I believe more and more builders are offering front airbags now... I'll look into it.
      TruckCommittee.com

Comment

Kind of drifting off subject, but I believe that IMMI's exclusive with Pierce on their SCBA holder is also expired or nearly expired. If you really like them, they should be available on other rigs as well soon.
        "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X