X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoaddoggAK
    replied
    Originally posted by firebill911 View Post
    Yes 525 HP is overkill but it was our only pre 2010 emission option, we could have went with a 425 HP 2010 emission motor and it probably would have not been any cheaper, so i guess better to have to much than not enough?
    We were in a similar situation. Ended up with a 500hp/1550 lb ft Cummins, but I wouldn't change that for anything with 2010 emissions. Got to see a Detroit with the DPF on it at the chassis plant, and it just made me shudder. Way too many wires and probes coming out of that thing for my liking. For a 750 gallon rescue pumper, she should move pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• firebill911
    replied
    response

RoaddoggAK: You know this is the first inspection trip and a few things:
    Bring your specs and changes and all paperwork with you including bid docs.
    One of us went from top to bottom and front to back.
    The other two of us went from page 1 to end of all documents
    One of us was the note taker and wrote anything we had issues with or ?'s
    Toyne was nice had pump/elec test with docs before we got there, what was even better is we got to drive it, stories i heard were most wont let you drive it until delivery, we each drove it for at least 15-20 minutes.
    Salesmen would check in every 1/2 hour and shop guys did everything we asked them to.
    THis experience was way more positive than i ever anticapated, i mean i am amazed and have a real good feeling when I left to come home.
    Yes 525 HP is overkill but it was our only pre 2010 emission option, we could have went with a 425 HP 2010 emission motor and it probably would have not been any cheaper, so i guess better to have to much than not enough?
    And pics of equipment mounted well due to budget cuts, no equipment has been ordered and might be using older stuff off older engine this is replacing not sure.
    THis is our first custom engine in 21 years, we are going away from commerical and damn glad!
    I feel like our 3 man committee spent 100's of hours on this project, and well worth it in the end, i will post more pics as time goes on with vinyl and equipment mounting, thanks for the positive responses!
    Last edited by firebill911; 11-20-2010, 06:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SFD_E73_RET
    replied
    Originally posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    Please tell me that is a typo error... 525 HP!!!! That is alot of muscle for that rig. Holy Cow!!!! And yeah, I get the "pre-2010" thingy.

FM1
    Big power is awesome, Independece, Mo put 550's in their rescue pumpers with only 500 gallons, talk about some muscle.

FireBill, great looking rig, also looks like an aerial in back ground being built.

Leave a comment:

• RoaddoggAK
    replied
    Looks great! We're going to have our final inspection right after Christmas, any tips other that what has been mentioned?

Leave a comment:

• chiefengineer11
    replied
    Here are some more pics!
    Great looking engine! Can we see some more pix when the compartments are full?

Leave a comment:

• chiefengineer11
    replied
    Originally posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    Please tell me that is a typo error... 525 HP!!!! That is alot of muscle for that rig. Holy Cow!!!! And yeah, I get the "pre-2010" thingy.

FM1
    Oh, I believe it. I drove another one out of there a few months ago that had the C13 525. Quite a ride! But where it was going (Kentucky), they'll put every one of those ponies to good use.

Leave a comment:

• FIREMECH1
    replied
    Originally posted by firebill911
    Cat 525 HP Pre 2010!!!!
    I think you can get the point with that!!

FM1

Leave a comment:

• FIREMECH1
    replied
    Originally posted by FWDbuff
    Funny. I keep hearing this same comment about Toyne over and over and over again. And never any complaints........Isn't that weird?
    You know whats really weird, or funny??? On the EVT forum they break it down to builder specific problems and manufacturer specific problems. Spartan has a few minor one off problems. Crimson has only a couple. Toyne is not listed. http://www.evta.info/forums/

If your not on the list, it's like a picture.

@ firebill911... Enjoy your new rig. We have 6 of them, and all have been great to have.

FM1

Leave a comment:

• firebill911
    replied
    One last Pic

Got to luv the chevron, thank you NFPA!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• firebill911
    replied
    New Engine Pics

Well and more to come!
    750 H20
    30 A & B
    1500 Waterous
    BIG command light 20K PTO Gen
    dual electric cord reels
    Tons of lights warning and scene
    On spot chains
    Cat 525 HP Pre 2010!!!!
    I think you can get the point with that!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• firebill911
    replied
    New Engine Pics

Here are some more pics!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• firebill911
    replied
    Well here are the pics I promised!

Toyne Spartan Engine
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• firebill911
    replied
    Gravy!

Saw the gravy machine, didnt try it but it was impressive. Yes it is amazing what some manufactures cant do and then others look at what you want and say ok or no problem. Plenty of manufactures that are more than happy to show you what they can build you, but we were like this is what we want you to build us, and thats what happened. Reds was a sweet time with all the popcorn you can eat!

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    It is nice to actually design and then find someone to build what you want. Thanks to you all again.
    Funny. I keep hearing this same comment about Toyne over and over and over again. And never any complaints........Isn't that weird?

Leave a comment:

• SFD_E73_RET
    replied
    FireBill did you check out the gravy machine at the Carrolton? Damndest thing I've ever seen.

Hey Toyne guys who are on Facebook, go to "Friends of Toyne" and post pics or comments.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X