Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    I suppose that if you wanted to get into mischief in Breda you could, but you would have to have inside help. And you would still have to go the 12 miles back to Carroll where the nearest motel is.
    So you wouldn't recommend adding a few days to your trip to do some sightseeing in Breda?

Comment

Originally posted by Command6 View Post
      So you wouldn't recommend adding a few days to your trip to do some sightseeing in Breda?
      It may be my age showing through, but I really like the place. It's a truly nice example of small town mid-America. But beside Toyne, the attractions are Snappy Popcorn, lots of windmills, and, of course, Red's. And I am trying to arrange a side trip to Schleswig to see Toyne T.I.D. #1.
      Last edited by chiefengineer11; 11-15-2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
        It may be my age showing through, but I really like the place. It's a truly nice example of small town mid-America. But beside Toyne, the attractions are Snappy Popcorn, lots of windmills, and, of course, Red's. And I am trying to arrange a side trip to Schleswig to see Toyne T.I.D. #1.
        At the risk of sounding ignorant, I don't know about Red's or the T.I.D. #1. If you'll contact me off-forum, I have some questions to ask you.

C6

Comment

Originally posted by ffp20 View Post
          (From what I have experienced and seen over the years, it is usually the dealer and the customers that go over the top, recently, at least.)

If what you mean is the dealer and/or customers seem to be overly "picky" at the inspection, its cuz they should be. The dept spent good money on an apparatus and want issues corrected. The dealer spent good money getting the job and its in his/her best interest to make sure the dept feels good about their purchase. The dept and the dealer will have to live with that apparatus for a long time, the folks at the manufacturer do not. The manufacturers shop floor folks and their superiors can do more for their future business at the final inspection than at any other time by showing pride in what they do and hearing criticisms with an open mind and taking care of issues before releasing the final product.
          As a former dealer, I was very picky. I was the apparatus manufacturers customer and the department was my customer. I wanted to sell another piece of apparatus to this department later and I also wanted to use this piece to show other customers. I needed to be picky! If the sales rep or dealer doesn't appear to be responsive, I would be concerned.

Comment

Due time!

Well today is the day, and for those of you that must know, I am in carroll. =). Wish me luck and I will update tonight or tomorrrow. But it is going to be a long day. Thanks for all the good pointers/advice, I got a list of stuff to do and I feel like I am going to be here for days, but I got a group of three guys to help. Thanks

Comment

You'll do fine. You've got a lot of good advice here, and the crew in the next town over from Carroll are very helpful and open. You'll probably miss something, there are so many things that aren't on the checklist that you expect are just standard, which may or may not be. We found that having trust in the builder helped as they stood behind the truck they built us, and we're still very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by firebill911 View Post
                Well today is the day, and for those of you that must know, I am in carroll. =). Wish me luck and I will update tonight or tomorrrow. But it is going to be a long day. Thanks for all the good pointers/advice, I got a list of stuff to do and I feel like I am going to be here for days, but I got a group of three guys to help. Thanks
                Good luck with your trip. It sounds like my trip itinerary is exactly 2 weeks following yours.

I know you're busy but we are all anxious to see photos of your "new arrival."

C6
                Last edited by Command6; 11-16-2010, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Command6 View Post
                  At the risk of sounding ignorant, I don't know about Red's or the T.I.D. #1. If you'll contact me off-forum, I have some questions to ask you.

C6
                  Chief, my home computer is down, in the shop for repairs so I don't have access to my full e-mail address book. I'm sure you're in it somewhere. I'm trying to see how to set this thing up so I can use their system. In the meantime, E-mail me at [email protected]. - Sam

Comment

Done!

Well it was a long day and the manufacture was wonderful. No pressure and spent most of the day checking it out. I fly home tomorrow and will post some pics next couple of days, very impressive quality craftsmenship. It is nice to actually design and then find someone to build what you want. Thanks to you all again.

Comment

FireBill did you check out the gravy machine at the Carrolton? Damndest thing I've ever seen.

Hey Toyne guys who are on Facebook, go to "Friends of Toyne" and post pics or comments.

Comment

Originally posted by firebill911 View Post
                        It is nice to actually design and then find someone to build what you want. Thanks to you all again.
                        Funny. I keep hearing this same comment about Toyne over and over and over again. And never any complaints........Isn't that weird?
                        "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Gravy!

Saw the gravy machine, didnt try it but it was impressive. Yes it is amazing what some manufactures cant do and then others look at what you want and say ok or no problem. Plenty of manufactures that are more than happy to show you what they can build you, but we were like this is what we want you to build us, and thats what happened. Reds was a sweet time with all the popcorn you can eat!

Comment

Well here are the pics I promised!

Toyne Spartan Engine
                            Attached Files

Comment

New Engine Pics

Here are some more pics!
                              Attached Files

Comment

New Engine Pics

Well and more to come!
                                750 H20
                                30 A & B
                                1500 Waterous
                                BIG command light 20K PTO Gen
                                dual electric cord reels
                                Tons of lights warning and scene
                                On spot chains
                                Cat 525 HP Pre 2010!!!!
                                I think you can get the point with that!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X