Commercial Aerial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial Aerial

Check out this unusual commercial aerial (which are rare these days) built by Rosenbauer:

http://www.heimanfiretrucks.com/equi...p?equip=recent

You definitely don't see many of them roaming around. My first thought is, with the wide turning radius of most commercial chassis, the driver would have to have his game on with the ladder hanging that far off the front...
    TruckCommittee.com

Comment

Here is another built by Alexis.

http://www.alexisfire.com/FireEquipm...ted/Navoo.html

Comment

Why not utilize the length the ladder is taking up? You have to turn the ladder out front, might as well use the space under it? Or am I missing something

Comment

I was thinking the same thing- that's a hell of an overhang. Maybe they're in an area without many trees near the road... In my village, I could see that stick getting beat up VERY quickly.

How long is that ladder? I don't think it said in the blurb I read. It looks like a 2 fly, so I'm guessing 55-65".

You definitely don't see many of these around. Anyone know the $$ differential between a commercial and a custom chassis for an aerial? I'm thinking, unless $x is all you got, and that's below the cost of a custom chassis ladder, I'd rather put the extra length to use for storage and 2 fly 35'ers.

Comment

That stick on the Rosie is too much to be sticking out like that. It is an accident looking for the location!

Whoever bought that probably doesn't have that many buildings over two stories, with very wide streets or trees in the area.

Comment

Baton Rouge LA has 4 door frieghtliner ferrara ladders

Comment

I'm also only seeing one set of jacks on that? This is quite an interesting piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim1118 View Post
                  My first thought is the driver would have to have his game on with the ladder hanging that far off the front...
                  My thoughts also. Don't get to close to the stop sign or stop light. You might have a semi take the tip of the ladder off!

Comment

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw that pic was "RAMMING SPEED!"

This isn't new......Anyone remember ALF "Aero Chief" elevating platforms? They stuck out quite far. Especially the 90' models.
                    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
                      The first thing that came to my mind when I saw that pic was "RAMMING SPEED!"
                      Haha, imagine wonderin if you stopped too close to the RR tracks
                      Matt G.
                      Battalion Chief
                      IACOJ-Member
                      FTM-PTB

Comment

Hays, KS has a 75' Rosenbauer quint on a four door Freightliner. I thought it was nice and wish i had had a camera. oh well

Comment

Originally posted by FFSKPII View Post
                          Hays, KS has a 75' Rosenbauer quint on a four door Freightliner. I thought it was nice and wish i had had a camera. oh well
                          Does anyone have a picture of this??? I searched and searched and I could not find one...

Comment

Originally posted by FireRescue61 View Post
                            Does anyone have a picture of this??? I searched and searched and I could not find one...
                            It's been 2 years since I saw it and I've been looking for a picture of it since... and like I said I've been kickin' myself in the rear end cause I didnt have my camera

Comment

Appomattox VFD has a Smeal 75' aerial on a commercial chassis. Pictures can be seen at the website below.

http://www.theappomattoxvolunteerfir...m/ladder7.html

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X