Pinned Aerial Waterways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
    You keep talking about a "impeded climbing area" as if you spent time WORKING off a Metz,which I KNOW you haven't. I HAVE and there are NO issues climbing with the waterway in place. And my feet aren't all that small.
    No, you're right, I'm just looking at pictures taken from the cart looking down the aerial and the waterway narrows the climbing area a lot. BTW, who's running this thing if I was taking pictures? The reality is that while many of us would have little issue with the waterway, the same is not true of some firefighters and a good portion of civilians.
    Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
    There ARE places (MANY) where a smaller aerial fits the Bill. I'd a WHOLE lot rather have a Metz than ANY currently produced '75 footer which is the ONLY thing American comparable in size.. T.C.
    I agree wholeheartedly, with you here. I wish the guys next door to us had Metz instead of a Rosie 75', though they make that work nicely. My comment was in the context of comparing the Metz to typical tower ladders. As I've said before, I don't dislike the Metz, I'm just not buying into the "be all end all" mentality for a second.

Comment

Well you're RIGHT on one point. The Metz is NOT, nor was ever, designed to be a TOWER. As far as Civilians climbing down,I don't think you will have a lot of luck with that on ANY aerial. Oh,it's DONE,but I can't think of ONE civilian that has ENJOYED it. Beats the alternative however.When I was WORKING off it(Metz),IT WASN'T at the show,and I WASN'T in the bucket. Opening a roof on an old Maine farmhouse. Climbed the Metz WITH saw in hand,no problems(was doing a water evolution so already elevated). So with ALL that said,a Smealin' I will go,hehe T.C.
      Last edited by Rescue101; 11-01-2010, 08:43 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X