Rescue Strut Mounting Ideas ? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescue Strut Mounting Ideas ? ?

Looking for some innovative mounting ideas for ResQJack or similar rescue struts (Horizontal or Vertical). We have two RJ3 Jack Stands and two RJ3 Adjustable Stands along with an assortment of accessories for them that we want to mount for easy access while maximizing space. Please post or email me @ [email protected] with photos.

Originally posted by ejfeicht View Post
    Looking for some innovative mounting ideas for ResQJack or similar rescue struts (Horizontal or Vertical). We have two RJ3 Jack Stands and two RJ3 Adjustable Stands along with an assortment of accessories for them that we want to mount for easy access while maximizing space. Please post or email me @ [email protected] with photos.
    Here's two long and two short Junk Yard Dog struts in one compartment. The short ones are mounted on a high density polypropylene board using PacTrac brackets. The long ones are on the floor on Turtle Tiles, also using PacTrac. Be happy to take and send you more detailed photos if you need them.

You're more than welcome to come around and see them, but it looks like we're almost as far away as you can get and still be in the Commonwealth.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chiefengineer11; 10-21-2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
      Here's two long and two short Junk Yard Dog struts in one compartment. The short ones are mounted on a high density polypropylene board using PacTrac brackets. The long ones are on the floor on Turtle Tiles, also using PacTrac. Be happy to take and send you more detailed photos if you need them.

You're more than welcome to come around and see them, but it looks like we're almost as far away as you can get and still be in the Commonwealth.
      So there ARE other departments who have these struts on the trucks. I had no idea.
      Career Firefighter
      Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
      I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

We just set three on a roll out tray side by side. We found that they tend to be somewhat unwieldy, making removal from the brackets a "beeotch". I have seen some vertical mounts that were pretty nice, but not all that space conscious. Our fourth strut is with our con-space tripod head and other stuff in topside compartment. We felt that 99% of the time 3 or less struts would be adequate.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by RFDACM02; 10-21-2010, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
          So there ARE other departments who have these struts on the trucks. I had no idea.
          Goes with these.
          Attached Files

Comment

After further searching I was able to find this photo of a vertical system which may work.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...05039619ysWGjD

We would be doing a stationary wall mount and should be able to attach the pegboard directly to the unistrut on the compartment walls. Has anyone done anything with this type of pegboard material ?

Comment

CE11,

I see now that we're not the only dept using the Holmatro secunet as you have one mounted on the door of that compartment.
              Last edited by VanIsleEVT; 10-21-2010, 10:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by VanIsleEVT View Post
                CE11,

I see now that we're not the only dept using the Holmatro secunet as you have one mounted on the door of that compartment.
                Both ambulances carry them. Since the engine has a (very basic) set of tools it also has one.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
                  Both ambulances carry them. Since the engine has a (very basic) set of tools it also has one.
                  Not worth the time to put on. Makes as much sense as trying to contain a hand grenade with a tuppyware bowl. T.C.

Comment

Vertical storage of Rescue 42 struts. The other strut is behind the first. Quick Fist holders to secure them.

Scroll down and you will find the picture on the first page

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112412

Comment

Paratech struts store nicely in vertical position in spring clips (as they are round in shape).

Comment

we put ours on both sides of a vertivle pull out tool board, worked quite well
                        It takes a little intelligence to enjoy humor,satire & wit, but none to be offended by it.

It take more than a new Leather Helmet to make you a good officer

Comment

Vertical mount for R-42's on a pull out vertical tool board worked great for us. Crimson made the brackets and pockets to put the struts in. Not a great photo but you will see them standing up on the right side of the compt.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas folks. We where able to come up with a vertical design which should work out for us and we are currently awaiting parts from a local fabrication shop. Once we have everything installed I will post photos.

Comment

We mounted our Paratech struts vertically using Paratech clips. We originally used a PAC strap to go around both, but when hooked both struts would be pulled together and when released you needed to control both struts so one would not fall on your head.

The poly bin contains 2-6X6 strut bases for use on pavement, 2-"V" heads, 2-pointed heads, 4-1"X10' self contained ratchet straps, and 2-2"X30' self contained ratchet straps.

The opposite side of the toolboard holds 2-60" and 2-40" AMKUS rams.
                              Attached Files

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X