Apparatus Side Mounted Tank Level Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laddertruckgoes View Post
    Our new rig has the tank lights on the cab behind the crew cab doors. We chose 500 Whelen LED's.......
    Wow!!!! Now that's precision! For us that would be (1) led light per gallon.

In all seriousness, I can the the practicality of this in rural, volunteer or under-staffed departments where the Driver may have to leave the immediate are of the pumper in order to assist with other tasks.

In the bustling metropolis however, it is nothing more than an idea that has bee successfully marketed due to the "neat" factor. In this environment, it is a $2000 dollar option that I would rather keep for something else that served a better function.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntPA View Post
      My biggest issues with the lights that were posted are the colors. Almost half of my deparmtent is color blind (most are related). If the lights do not all stay on, it will look to them like it is at 1/4 all of the time. We use the simple red led gage like you can order through Darley.

Sorry, I tried to add the picture, but the file is too large.

My other issue is with these lights operating while the vehicle is in motion. The large lights like the ones shown may be in violation of vehicle codes. We actually have a county department that got a warning for this and had to get the parking break switch added.
      I've got colorblind folks too. No issues, if all the lights are lit you're full. If only the bottom is lit or flashing you are EMPTY, same deal as colorblind folk driving. Bottom traffic light is GO. T.C.
      Rescue101
      Forum Member
      Last edited by Rescue101; 11-21-2010, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Here's ours
        Rescue101
        Forum Member
        Last edited by Rescue101; 02-19-2011, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Nice edge protection on the rear of your cab there Rescue101.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X