Sho Me Siren Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sho Me Siren Help

I was given a Sho-Me Two Function Dash Mount Siren Model 30.2330 (see picture file below). It has a bad switch for the whoop/warble selector. I have acquired a replacement switch but I do not have a wiring diagram. I want to make sure I connect the right wires to the right places before I power this thing up. Anyone have one or know where the wires go. I have a power jumper from the power switch, a ground for the switch light, a feed to the whoop sound & a feed to the warble sound. But the switch only has 3 terminals.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by gwp026 View Post
    I was given a Sho-Me Two Function Dash Mount Siren Model 30.2330 (see picture file below). It has a bad switch for the whoop/warble selector. I have acquired a replacement switch but I do not have a wiring diagram. I want to make sure I connect the right wires to the right places before I power this thing up. Anyone have one or know where the wires go. I have a power jumper from the power switch, a ground for the switch light, a feed to the whoop sound & a feed to the warble sound. But the switch only has 3 terminals.

Check out their site, http://www.able2products.com/ , the same place you got the photo from.

A telephone call to them may help you too!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

If you have a switch that doesn't match the wires, then obviously you don't have the right switch. A rocker switch with three terminals can be SPST with a light or SPDT with no light. The two are vastly different. If it is SPST with a light, it will not work at all.

If it is SPDT with no light, then it will work and just won't light up. however I don't know if the whoop/warble selection uses positive or ground switching. If you know it uses + switching, then the power wire would go to the common terminal (usually the middle). The whoope and warble wires would go on the two outside terminals. If it uses ground switching, then use the ground wire on the common terminal instead.
      Last edited by nmfire; 09-27-2010, 12:08 PM.
      Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

It's the exact factory replacement from the one that came out of there. I believe 2 wires may have been spliced together. I'm waiting for a wiring diagram to get emailed to me now, but I figured I'd pick some brains on here if it got an answer quicker.

Comment

I don't understand how this problem is occuring. If it is an exact replacement switch, then how could it possibly not just disconnect and reconnect the same way??

Comment

The siren switch was already disconnected & taken out of the unit when I got it. I used it to order a replacement. The "Power" switch, which is just on/off, was still intact & has been tested (works fine). The other switch is a Single Pole Double Throw switch, on/on, but where I'm getting lost is the ground wire (which it needs for the switch to light up).

Comment

Well then one of two things is wrong here.

1) They sent you the wrong switch
              2) It isn't supposed to be lighted in the first place and someone hacked up the wires.

Comment

I got a call from one of their techs who walked me though it. 2 of the wires splice together (power jumper from the on/off switch & the whoop feature), the ground & one other wire (warble) have their own terminals. This gives power to the switch & allows the light to work.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X